With tons of fresh garlic and a touch of rosemary, this easy sautéed mushrooms and asparagus recipe keeps it simple while delivering big on flavor. It’s a quick and versatile side dish that goes well with any type of entrée (chicken, beef or fish). If you love garlic, you’re sure to love this easy side dish.
What kind of mushrooms do you use for this recipe?
We love all kinds of mushrooms, and many can go with this easy side dish. In the photos for this post, we used cremini mushrooms. We like cremini mushrooms, because they are cheap and easy to find. Button mushrooms would also work and are very similar in size and taste to cremini. Some other options:
- Portobello (just remove the ribs and slice them into chunks to sauté)
That’s a lot of garlic
We went heavy on the garlic for this recipe, so let’s just get that out there. We thought a recipe described as garlicky should really have a strong garlic flavor. With that said, it’s up to you on how much garlic you actually want to use. If you don’t want as much garlic flavor, use a little less. Of course, we highly recommend using freshly chopped garlic for the best flavor.
What would you eat with these sautéed mushrooms and asparagus?
If you’re looking to keep it simple, you could serve this side dish with just about any protein. We’ve had it with simply seasoned and baked salmon, pork chops, halibut and chicken. If you are looking for some other protein options, here are a few recipes:
- KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN (PALEO + WHOLE30)
- EASY SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- WHOLE30 PALEO MEATLOAF (GLUTEN-FREE + KETO)
- THE BEST SALMON PATTIES WITH MAGIC GREEN SAUCE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
Your turn to try this simple side dish
Go ahead and make this garlicky sautéed mushrooms and asparagus to have as an easy side for your next dinner. You’ll love the depth of flavor it adds to any meal and how quick and simple the recipe is! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. We love to see what you guys are cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Garlicky Sautéed Mushrooms and Asparagus
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6-8 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp ghee, (sub avocado or other oil for dairy-free)
- First, chop up the mushrooms, asparagus, rosemary and garlic.
- Next, place a pan over medium heat. Let the pan heat up and then add the ghee to melt.
- Once the ghee has melted, toss everything into the pan to sauté. Stir everything together to coat with the ghee and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently to get everything cooked evenly.
- Serve and enjoy.