There is something extra cozy about soft and chewy ginger molasses cookies. I just need a warm mug of coffee or tea, a good book and a couple of these cookies, and I’ll be good to go! These ginger molasses cookies are Paleo, Vegan and refined sugar-free, sweetened with just blackstrap molasses and a bit of coconut sugar.
How do these ginger molasses cookies stay together with no dairy or eggs?
Sometimes Vegan baking can be so hard for me, but not eating eggs makes me pretty motivated to figure it out when I want a treat! I used coconut butter to help them bind a bit, and it adds a note of Vegan-friendly, buttery goodness. I think the blackstrap molasses helps with the binding as well. Honestly, you’d never guess they were Vegan and egg-free if you didn’t look at the ingredients.
What about the texture though?
Sometimes baking without eggs makes good texture difficult to achieve. I love how the texture of these ginger molasses cookies turned out. They have a bit of rise to them and a chewy, gooey center. So, basically they’re exactly what my cookie dreams are made of. And I think I like them even better the day or two after I make them.
Some modifications that would be yummy
If you’re looking for more ginger, add an extra 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder. You cold also add some dried, candied ginger if you’re not worried about the refined sugar. Otherwise, raisins or chocolate chips are a fun addition. Just fold them in at the end once your batter is mixed up.
Other cookies to try
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Keto Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Cookies
- Chai Spiced Cookies
Your turn to try our ginger molasses cookies
These Paleo + Vegan ginger molasses cookies are the perfect cozy, Fall and Winter treat! Make up a batch and let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, and share a pic on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Ginger Molasses Cookies (Paleo, Vegan + Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or nut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Place about 1/4 cup coconut sugar on a plate. Roll out the dough into golf ball sized balls and roll through coconut sugar. Set on lined baking sheet.
- Once all the balls are rolled out, transfer baking sheet to oven and bake for about 11 minutes. They'll look like they've bulged a bit and the tops will have crinkles.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.