While we still grilled in the Winter, we are wholeheartedly so thrilled that the official grilling season is upon us! These Paleo, Whole30 + Keto grilled cauliflower steaks are likely to be your new favorite way to eat cauliflower. Pair these vegetable steaks with your favorite protein and enjoy the longer days and grilling weather!
Why Do You Use Nutritional Yeast For This Grilled Cauliflower?
Well, if you’ve never cooked with nutritional yeast…you’re missing out! Let’s start there. It has a cheesy, umami flavor that is quite pleasing to the tastebuds. People hear the word yeast and get scared though. Don’t be scared. Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast. That means it doesn’t contribute to yeast overgrowth or issues. It’s also rich in folate and B vitamins and even has protein in it. You can check out this post to read more if you’re interested.
The Optional Toppings
Did you know it’s a thing that people either love or hate cilantro?? I guess it is…I’ve heard from those who don’t love it that it tastes like soap or poison to them. Both Justin and I love cilantro (glad we are on the same side of the fence here), and if you’re a lover as well…definitely sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top! And if you do mayo, just go ahead and make the spicy mayo while you’re at it. Drizzle some on top and enjoy! The spicy mayo is a go-to topping around here for pretty much all the things.
Some Favorite Pairings
We love to enjoy these grilled cauliflower steaks with steak, salmon, burgers and I’m sure chicken would be good too. Basically whatever else you want to grill will be great! So get out there and get grilling season underway!
Other Tasty Side Dishes
Your Turn To Try Our Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
It’s the time of year to cook on the grill and these grilled cauliflower steaks are the perfect way to commence things. Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure you give us a follow if you don’t already, too. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Grilled Cauliflower Steaks (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 3 tbsp ghee, melted, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 lime, juice of, (optional)
For the seasoning:
- Spicy mayo – (1 tbsp hot sauce mixed with 1/4 cup mayo)
- Chopped cilantro
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat (about 450° Fahrenheit).
- Make the seasoning by combining the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mixing well.
- Prepare optional toppings if you are using them to have them ready.
- Remove the outer green leaves from each cauliflower head and cut off the thick bottom stem. Place cauliflower stem side down and slice off the round outer edges. Then, slice each remaining head into 3 steaks. Note: The thicker you cut the steaks the better they stay together. You might only get 2 steaks out of a smaller head.
- Lay the steaks and any trimmed edges/pieces out on a large sheet pan so you can easily transfer them to the grill
- Melt ghee and brush both sides of the cauliflower with ghee. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture liberally over on both sides of the cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower on the hot grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the bottom is beginning to brown and char. Flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the grill and squeeze lime juice (optional) over the grilled cauliflower. Top with optional toppings and serve.