Do you have a go-to in the kitchen? That one meal you eat just about every week? This is ours! We make this ground beef taco bowl recipe (or some version of them depending on what is in the fridge) just about every week. Yep. Every. Single. Week. They are a breeze to make and so flavorful, especially for the minimal effort! Done and done. Go make these ground beef taco bowls!
Make it an easy weeknight dinner
This is going to be easy. Like really easy. All you do is get your green pepper and onion going on the stove and then add your ground beef. Heat up your cauliflower rice in another skillet, prep your toppings, and then you’re done! That’s it! It is even easier if you buy the already riced cauliflower from Trader Joe’s in the produce section. It comes in blue packaging in the refrigerated produce section. They also have frozen cauliflower rice, too. Either works and helps cut down prep time and effort.
You can also make this taco bowl recipe for meal prep
You just read how easy these ground beef taco bowls are to make, which obviously makes it a great weeknight dinner. I’m sure the ease of this recipe also helps you imagine it would make a great meal prep recipe, too. After you make the beef and cauliflower rice, all you have to do is portion out the ingredients into glass containers. Then, you have single serving sizes you can grab-and-go to take with you for lunch during the work week. We like to hold off on the avocado when we use this recipe for meal prep. Slice and add it to your bowls right when you go to eat them to avoid brown avocado.
What if I don’t love ground beef?
No worries. If you’re not a huge ground beef fan you can always use ground turkey or chicken instead. We’ve used whatever we’ve had on hand, and it turns out great both ways. Just go with whatever protein option you prefer or have readily available. The idea is that this taco bowl recipe is a no-brainer, easy to throw together and causes no stress.
Some other bowl recipes to try
- Chicken Burrito Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Beef Shawarma Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Egg Roll in a Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Korean Beef Bowl (Paleo + Whole30)
- Easy Curry Beef Bowls Recipe (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Paleo Fish Taco Bowls (Whole30, GF + Dairy-Free)
Your turn to try our ground beef taco bowl recipe
Make it an easy weeknight or meal prep to your little heart’s content! Give this taco bowl recipe a try, and let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out! And if you don’t already follow us, make sure to give us a follow! Let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Ground Beef Taco Bowl Recipe (Paleo, Whole30 + GF)
- 1 green pepper – diced
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 batch taco seasoning (linked below in recipe)
- 2 cups riced cauliflower – you can get it already riced at Trader Joe’s as a time saver!
- Salt and pepper – to season the cauliflower rice
- Salsa, avocado, tomatoes, olives, and any other toppings you love
- Spinach + cabbage (or your favorite greens)
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add your green pepper and onions to the pan. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add your ground beef. Break it up and stir everything around. Continue to cook on low to medium heat, depending on your stove.
- While the meat is cooking, toss the cauliflower rice on the stove in a medium sized skillet, over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. It will cook in just a few minutes. I like to cover my pan so it speeds up the cooking a bit and kind of steams the cauliflower rice.
- When the ground beef is just about done, add your taco seasoning and stir until the ground beef, green peppers, and onions are coated.
- When the ground beef is finished cooking, turn off the heat. Turn off the heat on the cauliflower rice, and start making your bowls.
- Add a bunch of your favorite greens to your bowl first. We use spinach and/or kale usually depending on what is in the fridge. Then add your cauliflower rice next. The ground beef goes on top of the rice. Then add your favorite toppings. We like to put cabbage, fresh tomatoes, olives, avocado, salsa and chipotle lime mayo from Primal Kitchen
- Get to eating these bowls up! They are bursting with flavor and are filling too!