Do you call them hazelnuts or filberts?! Regardless, if you’re already a fan, you will really love these hazelnut butter balls. If you’re unsure or not a huge fan, these might just persuade you otherwise. My favorite thing about them is that they have a slightly nutty texture and salty-sweet flavor. Salty-sweet is my kryptonite. I figure there could be worse things though. Don’t you think?!I really love how easy these are to throw together, it only takes a few minutes, and there are only four ingredients! Then you can store them in the fridge or freezer for little treats. They’re the perfect little pick me up…a little protein and a little honey. They’re also fun because you can add extras like raisins or chocolate chips to vary the flavors.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Hazelnut Butter Balls
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the optional items) in a food processor.
- Use the pulse function to combine the ingredients, stopping and restarting multiple times.
- You'll want to go until the hazelnuts start to turn into a nut butter. It will be more grainy than a sunflower seed or almond butter.
- Once the ingredients are combined, turn off your food processor. If you are adding in any optional ingredients use a spoon to mix them in.
- Roll the mixture into balls (about a tablespoon each) and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Set your hazelnut butter balls by placing them in the fridge for a couple hours and then serve them right away, or you can keep them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to enjoy at your own pace.
- Note: I started with 1/8 cup of honey and did my pulsing, then added a little more toward the end.