Want a salty-sweet treat without spending a ton of time in the kitchen? These hazelnut chocolate chip cookies are about to be your jam! They’ve got lots of texture and flavor, and can be made in about 20 minutes!
All The Textures + Flavors
We love that these hazelnut chocolate chip cookies are full of flavor and texture from the hazelnuts, shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
We love the mini chips from Enjoy Life for these and find they add the perfect little bits of cocoa to these cookies.
When you bake with almond butter, or really any nut butter, the baking times can vary a little from oven to oven. I’ve baked these from 10-12 minutes, noting that 10 was a little short as they fell apart when I tried to move them from the pan to a cooling rack. So, keep them on the baking sheet to cool for at least 5 minutes. They’ll continue to cook a bit.
When I tried baking some for 12 minutes, it ended up being a little long. They were great right out of the oven, but then dried out a bit and got more crumbly than I’d like. That said, for our oven 11 minutes seems to be the jackpot for these hazelnut chocolate chip cookies.
Your Turn To Make Our Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whip up a batch of these hazelnut chocolate chip cookies. They’re easy and quick to make and the perfect little savory and sweet treat! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood. We’d love to see!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line one large or two medium sized baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg. Add almond butter and coconut sugar. Use a large spoon to mix until batter forms.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla and salt to bowl. Mix again until all the ingredients are combined.
- Stir in shredded coconut, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Scoop oversized tablespoon sized dollops onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-11 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Let cookies cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.