Looking for fresh and delicious BBQ sides? From cucumber salad to grilled sweet potato fries, we have you covered for your next potluck or outdoor cookout with friends and family.
The best side dishes for BBQ’s
When it comes to BBQ side dishes, there are so many great options for fresh summer flavor. Whether it’s a creamy and crunchy coleslaw, an amazing potato salad or a simple watermelon salad, this roundup has you covered.
No matter what you’re cooking, you’ll find great options to go with any protein. You can use these sides as:
- Side dishes for ribs
- Pulled pork sides
- Brisket sides
- BBQ chicken sides
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthy grilling recipes!
What makes a good summer side dish?
A few things define the best side dishes for cookouts and grilling.
- Fresh, seasonal ingredients are a must.
- It’s versatile and pairs well with a variety of grilled meats.
- The dish is easy to make with incredible flavor.
Bonus points if you can prep it in advance, it travels well or makes great leftovers!
Now, here are the healthy BBQ side dishes
Grab a drink, fire up your BBQ and enjoy these delicious side dishes at your next cookout!
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
10 Easy BBQ Sides: Fresh Cucumber Salad
For the salad:
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced (or sub 6-7 medium pickling cucumbers)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Prep cucumbers, carrot and onion as noted and place them in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl or jar, mix all of the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour the sauce over the cucumber salad and mix. Serve immediately for best flavor (see recipe notes). Top with sesame seeds for serving.