Looking for fresh and delicious BBQ sides? From cucumber salad to grilled sweet potato fries, we have you covered for your next potluck or outdoor cookout with friends and family.
The best side dishes for BBQ’s
When it comes to BBQ side dishes, there are so many great options for fresh summer flavor. Whether it’s a creamy and crunchy coleslaw, an amazing potato salad or a simple watermelon salad, this roundup has you covered.
No matter what you’re cooking, you’ll find great options to go with any protein. You can use these sides as:
- Side dishes for ribs
- Pulled pork sides
- Brisket sides
- BBQ chicken sides
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthy grilling recipes!
What makes a good summer side dish?
A few things define the best side dishes for cookouts and grilling.
- Fresh, seasonal ingredients are a must.
- It’s versatile and pairs well with a variety of grilled meats.
- The dish is easy to make with incredible flavor.
Bonus points if you can prep it in advance, it travels well or makes great leftovers!
Now, here are the healthy BBQ side dishes
Grab a drink, fire up your BBQ and enjoy these delicious side dishes at your next cookout!
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
10 Healthy BBQ Sides & Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Combine seasonings in a small bowl or jar.
- Slice potatoes into sticks or thin wedges and place in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle seasoning over the potatoes and toss to mix and coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
- Place the seasoned fries directly on the grill or use a grilling pan. Space the fries out a little bit if you can, they will cook more evenly if they are not crowded together.
- Grill until the sweet potatoes are tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally. It will take between 10-15 minutes total, depending on the heat of your grill.