If you’ve got about 30 minutes, you’ve got time to make this Paleo + Whole30 cashew chicken! And trust us, you’re going to want to make this healthy Asian recipe. This healthy stir fry is light, yet super satisfying and even easy to make, especially for a weeknight dinner.
Simple swaps to make this healthy Asian chicken recipe
We made some easy swaps to make this Asian cashew chicken healthier and also Paleo + Whole30 friendly. We love re-making takeout food to be healthier, but also still satisfying. Some of the simple swaps in this chicken recipe are coating the chicken in tapioca starch to create that sticky, glazed texture you’re used to with Asian recipes like this. We also use coconut aminos rather than soy sauce, and cauliflower rice instead of white rice to keep it Paleo + Whole30.
This cashew chicken is like takeout but better
I have a thing for Asian cuisine! From Thai food to Chinese food, there’s so much to love. One of my favorite ways to enjoy these types of food is to re-make them at home. I mean, it’s fun to go out to restaurants and have dinner out sometimes, but really I love it best when I can make something at home that I’ll love just as much (or often times more) AND wake up the next morning feeling great! Sometimes the food hangovers after eating out are just the worst. This cashew chicken is delicious, and I don’t usually like reheated chicken, but this recipe is some of my favorite leftovers. That says a lot!
30 minute meal, plus a time saving tip
This recipe comes together with ease, and only takes about 30 minutes! It’s perfect for your busy weeknights, and it only requires a little bit of prep – mainly cutting up the chicken and prepping the veggies. One way to save a little time is to get pre-riced cauliflower at the grocery store. We typically find riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s – they carry it in both the fresh produce section and the frozen aisle, too. This will save you some time and cleanup compared to ricing your cauliflower at home.
More Asian inspired recipes to try
Your turn to try our Cashew Chicken
Add this cashew chicken to your meal plan for the week! You’ll love how quick and easy it is to make, and also how delicious it is! Who needs takeout when you can enjoy something so tasty, and way healthier too! Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes! Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood so we can see. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Cashew Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
For the sauce:
For the rest:
- 6 cups cauliflower, riced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews, unsalted
- Make sauce by whisking together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl or jar and set aside.
- Prep all chicken and veggies as noted and set aside.
- Place tapioca starch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix with a fork or whisk. Add cubed chicken to bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, add avocado oil and heat to medium heat. Once hot, add chicken to pan and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add sauce, broccoli, bell pepper, onion and cashews to pan. Stir to coat and turn heat down to low. Continue to cook while you make your cauliflower rice.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and cauliflower rice. Cook until cauliflower softens and heats through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put it all together – add cauliflower rice to a bowl and top with the cashew chicken. Enjoy!