This healthy egg salad is such an easy and versatile recipe. There’s no mayo in the ingredients, but the egg salad is still creamy and delicious – you won’t miss it!
How to make this easy egg salad
With just a little chopping and mixing, you’ll have this easy and tasty egg salad ready in no time! Here’s what you’ll do:
- Prep your hard boiled eggs on the stovetop or in your Instant Pot.
- Chop up the eggs, celery, red onion and dill pickle.
- Add everything to a bowl and mix with coconut yogurt and seasonings.
- Refrigerate to let the flavors meld or serve immediately!
Making egg salad without mayo
Mayo doesn’t always work for everyone, so we found an alternative that still works to make a creamy and delicious egg salad.
We used a full fat coconut yogurt, which is a creamy and tangy yogurt similar to a traditional Greek yogurt. It has a mild flavor that blends perfectly with the other ingredients and seasonings in this recipe.
If you can’t find or don’t want to use coconut yogurt, some other options are:
- Regular Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Almond yogurt
Egg salad serving options
We love making this healthy egg salad because there are so many different ways to eat it! Here are all the ways we’ve enjoyed this recipe:
- In a bowl on top of a salad
- On top of sweet potato “toast”
- In lettuce wrap “shells”
- As filling for a bagel sandwich (we used the Legit Bagel Mix for the bagel)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy a healthy egg salad? Let us know in the comments below!
Some other healthy recipes with eggs
- Healthy Egg Muffins
- Quick, Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Fried Rice
- Easy 4-Ingredient Bacon Pancakes
Your turn to make this healthy egg salad
I know you’ll love the creamy yet light texture and the endless options for meals you get from this easy recipe! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes if you give it a try. Also, take a pic and share it on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Egg Salad (No Mayo)
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup celery, diced (about 3-4 medium stalks)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium dill pickle, finely diced
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt (can sub greek yogurt if you eat dairy)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- We recommend using the Instant Pot to hard boil eggs – Place the trivet in the bottom and add 1 cup of water. Add all the eggs in and close the lid and seal. Cook for 6 minutes at high pressure with a quick release. Carefully remove the insert and run the eggs under cool water before peeling.
- Chop eggs, celery, onion and pickle as noted and place everything in a bowl.
- Add in coconut yogurt, mustard, paprika, pepper and dill. Mix with a spoon until combined. Taste and season with salt as desired.
- Refrigerate until served. Serve in lettuce leaves, over sweet potato “toast”, as a dip for veggies or scoop on top of a salad. Enjoy!