Why you’ll love this simple and easy egg salad recipe
- It’s creamy, full of crunchy texture and perfectly balanced – all without mayo!
- A versatile and healthy meal prep recipe, you can use it for all kinds of lunches like sandwiches, wraps and salads.
- You can use either greek yogurt or or coconut yogurt if you want to keep it dairy-free.
- I’ll show you how to make eggs in the Instant pot, they’re the easiest to peel.
I really don’t like Mayo so I loved this!! The crunch from the celery and the tang from the pickles is super good! Awesome non-Mayo option for egg salad!
How to make this easy egg salad (step-by-step)
With just a little chopping and mixing, you’ll have this easy and tasty egg salad ready in no time! Here’s what you’ll do:
Making egg salad without mayo
Mayo doesn’t always work for everyone, so we found an alternative that still works to make a creamy and delicious egg salad.
We used a full fat coconut yogurt, which is a creamy and tangy yogurt similar to a traditional Greek yogurt. It has a mild flavor that blends perfectly with the other ingredients and seasonings in this recipe.
If you can’t find or don’t want to use coconut yogurt, some other options are:
- Regular Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Almond yogurt
Recipe notes and ingredient options
- Scaling and storage – This egg salad will last 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can easily scale it up or down to make more or less if desired.
- Crunch – If you don’t like a crunchy egg salad, simply omit the celery, onion and pickle It will still taste great.
- Dill – Fresh dill is best, it’ packed with flavor. You can sub dried, but only use 1-2 tsp.
- Spicy option – Make this a spicy egg salad by adding a little cayenne, hot sauce or sriracha.
Egg salad serving options
We love making this healthy egg salad because there are so many different ways to eat it! Here are all the ways we’ve enjoyed this recipe:
- In a bowl on top of a salad
- With some sturdy crackers for dipping
- On top of sweet potato “toast”
- In tortilla wrap or lettuce wrap “shells”
- As filling for an egg salad sandwich
Some other healthy recipes with eggs
- Healthy Egg Muffins
- Quick, Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Creamy Keto Deviled Eggs
- Easy 4-Ingredient Bacon Pancakes
We hope you love this easy & healthy recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our healthy meal prep recipes to find some other favorites too!
7-Ingredient Healthy Egg Salad (No Mayo)
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup celery, diced , (about 3-4 medium stalks)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium dill pickle, finely diced
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt, (can sub greek yogurt if you eat dairy)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- We recommend using the Instant Pot to hard boil eggs – Place the trivet in the bottom and add 1 cup of water. Add all the eggs in and close the lid and seal. Cook for 6 minutes at high pressure with a quick release. Carefully remove the insert and run the eggs under cool water before peeling. See notes below for stovetop instructions.
- Chop eggs, celery, onion and pickle as noted and place everything in a bowl.
- Add in coconut yogurt, mustard, paprika, pepper and dill. Mix with a spoon until combined. Taste and season with salt as desired.
- Refrigerate until served. Serve in lettuce leaves, over sweet potato “toast”, as a dip for veggies or scoop on top of a salad. Enjoy!
- To make hard boiled eggs on the stovetop, put the eggs in a small pot and fill it with water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and then remove from heat. Cover the pot and let the eggs sit for 10 minutes. Then, take the pan to the sink and run under cold water to completely cool the eggs.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.