This grain-free healthy french toast recipe is so delicious, you won’t believe it doesn’t use bread! It’s really just a french toast bake that is super easy to make and ready to eat in about 20 minutes! It’s grain-free, refined sugar-free and Paleo friendly! And so dang good!
Quick + Easy
When you’re looking for an easy and delicious weekend breakfast or brunch idea, this healthy french toast is it! The recipe is pretty fuss-free and only has about a handful of ingredients. You just blend everything up and then cook it in an oven-safe skillet. Our healthy french toast definitely hits the spot when a traditional weekend breakfast is on the brain. It also makes a great breakfast for dinner, too! Are you a brinner type of person? Justin could eat breakfast for every meal of the day I think!
We used banana to sweeten this healthy french toast recipe and then topped it with pure maple syrup, but really you can use any toppings you like. We’ve done grass-fed butter, nut butter, coconut butter, fresh berry compote, etc. Whatever you have on hand and sounds good is exactly what you should use! What are you thinking you’ll top this healthy french toast with? Let us know so we can give it a try, too!
Add A Side Of Bacon
Justin’s mom raises pigs, so we usually get our bacon from her, and it is hands down the best bacon I’ve ever had! Like almost all other bacon is completely ruined after having the good stuff from Justin’s mom. It is truly a sad day when the bacon runs out at our house. To get us through when the good stuff is gone though, we’ve found the Hempler’s bacon at our local Costco is a good interim solution. It’s the applewood uncured bacon, and it’s actually pretty good! I thought it was extra great before ever having Justin’s mom’s bacon, so if you’ve never had the fresh, pastured bacon like Justin’s mom’s pigs you’ll probably love Hempler’s. And for reals, add a side of bacon to this healthy french toast, and you’ll pretty much be in heaven!
Some Other Breakfasts To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Healthy French Toast
Whether you’re planning to have a lazy kind of morning this coming weekend, or just want a quick breakfast for dinner recipe, give this healthy french toast a try! You’ll love how quick and easy it is to make! Let us know what you think and what kinds of topping you choose by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy French Toast (Paleo + Grain-free)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- Pure maple syrup, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Add eggs, almond butter, banana, cinnamon, and vanilla to a blender. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Heat an oven safe medium skillet over medium-low heat and add in butter or ghee. Once melted, pour mixture from blender into skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom of the egg mixture is browned. Immediately transfer to oven to cook until the top is firm in the middle, about 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your pan.
- When the french toast is done, remove it from oven and cut it into serving size pieces. Serve topped with maple syrup (or any other favorite toppings).
Had I not made this myself, I would have sworn it had bread/grain in it! I LOVE IT! It will be a regular at our house.
Thanks Lisa, we love this recipe too!