It seems like the weather gets warm and all the sudden life is completely on-the-go! These no bake Keto + Paleo peanut butter balls are the perfect on-the-go fuel! They are family friendly and can be made ahead of time to have a healthy snack on hand.
Can you use another sweeter in these peanut butter balls?
I’ve only tested this recipe using erythritol. So, there’s that. For me, it’s the only sugar alcohol that seems to not bother my stomach. It is also the one that tastes best in my opinion. There is no bitter aftertaste or chemical taste, which I very much appreciate. You are welcome to try other options, and you can definitely report down below what works and doesn’t in the comments. You might have to play with the amount – I’d recommend trying coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup if you’re just seeking a Paleo snack and I suspect you’d need less than 1/4 cup, probably closer to 1-2 tablespoons for honey and maple syrup.
The chocolate coating or drizzle is entirely optional on these peanut butter balls. For Keto, make sure you use 100% dark chocolate or the sugar-free option you prefer. And for Paleo, go with a dark, allergy-friendly chocolate of choice. I like a minimum of 85% dark cacao. And for reals, you’re going to be thinking these guys are actually the real deal, Reese’s peanut butter cups if you go the chocolate route. Just sayin.
Are gelatin and collagen the same?
They are not. Gelatin and collagen differ in their water solubility. Collagen dissolves in liquid, whereas gelatin gets thicker in texture, which is perfect for these peanut butter balls. The gelatin helps firm up these energy balls a bit and really makes the texture similar to a peanut butter cup. Make sure you grab your gelatin, otherwise you will have trouble rolling the mixture into balls. They’ll just stick to your hands without it!
Some other snack ideas
Your turn to try our healthy peanut butter balls
Ready, set, go! Make these peanut butter balls for a snack or treat that will keep you fueled while you’re out adventuring! Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. We’d love to see, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Peanut Butter Balls (Keto + Paleo Options)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, erythritol, peanut butter and sea salt.
- Whisk warm water and gelatin in a small bowl and then add to peanut butter mixture. Mix in thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over the stove or in the microwave. If you use the microwave, heat in 15 second increments stirring in between to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and roll peanut butter mixture into 12 balls.
- Use a spoon to roll them in the melted chocolate. I like to roll some and just drizzle the chocolate on some.
- Place on lined baking sheet and transfer to fridge or freezer to set for at least 30 minutes. Once firm, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.