With balanced and healthy soup recipes of all types, this listing has something for everyone! From chicken soups to vegetable soups and recipes for the instant pot and slow cooker, these warm and cozy soup recipes are sure to satisfy.
So What are Healthy Soups?
Here’s how I define a healthy soup:
- A balanced soup with veggies and protein and healthy fats
- It can serve as a full meal
- The soup is made with real food and minimally processed ingredients
Everyone defines “healthy” differently, but I know that you can find a soup you love and enjoy in this listing!
Looking for more healthy comfort food recipes? Check out this roundup of warm and cozy comfort food recipes!
The Best Broth For Making Soup
Since a lot of these recipes feature chicken broth or beef broth (bone broth), you should definitely check out our post all about Where to Buy Bone Broth. It covers all of the different healthy bone broths we have tried and which brands we prefer.
Want to make your own bone broth? Try our recipe for easy homemade crockpot bone broth.
Our Favorite Soup Recipes
These are the soups we have on rotation at our house all the time. As soon as the weather gets chilly we start making these cozy recipes to warm us up all fall and winter.
Healthy Vegetable Based Soups
If you want a healthy soup that is entirely made of vegetables, here are some options for you! Note that if the recipe calls for bone broth you will need to sub a vegetable broth to make the recipe vegetarian or vegan.
Healthy Instant Pot Soups
The Instant Pot is a game changer for making a quick batch of soup that tastes like you worked on it all day! Get tender meat and veggies with a quick cooking time with one of these easy instant pot soup recipes.
Healthy Slow Cooker Soups
We love being able to dump a bunch of ingredients in the crockpot and let it simmer all day. With minimal effort you can make a big batch of hearty soup and fill your home with the delicious smells of cooking soup!
Healthy Stew and Chili Recipes
You may not call them “soup”, but when I think of soup I tend to think of a hearty bowl of chili or stew. In case you like a hearty (and healthy) type of soup, check out these deliciously filling stew and chili recipes!
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
20+ Healthy Soup Recipes: Zuppa Toscana
- Dice bacon and chop onion and garlic.
- In a large stock pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat, add bacon and Italian sausage to cook. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and developing crispy bits, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare cauliflower and kale as noted.
- Once the meat is browned, add in the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Then, add in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add the kale and coconut milk. Simmer an additional 5 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.