Spring is in the air, and that means it’s time to start making some lighter desserts! This healthy strawberry crumble is easy to prep and only takes about 10 minutes to bake. Plus, it’s sweetened only with maple sugar and syrup and made both Paleo + Vegan friendly, so it’s easy to accommodate everyone. It’s also egg-free and coconut-free as well.
Disclaimer: We partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this post. We only work with companies and brands we truly believe in and use ourselves. Therefore, all opinions and recipes are entirely our own. Thank you for supporting The Real Simple Good Life and our partners.
What kind of Paleo baking flour do you use?
In this healthy crumble recipe, we use blanched Almond Flour and a little bit of Tapioca Flour. The Almond Flour is used in the topping to create the crumble, and the Tapioca Flour is used to mix with the strawberries. Our Paleo and Gluten-Free baking flour brand of choice is Bob’s Red Mill. We appreciate that they focus on high quality, minimally processed products from mill to table. Plus, we love supporting our local partners and Bob’s Red Mill is headquartered in Oregon!
The key is to not over bake the strawberries in this healthy crumble
It happens fast – the strawberries can go from retaining a little bit of their texture to a soupy mess real quick. We like to bake this crumble for just about 10-12 minutes. The strawberries end up warmed up, but not overly mushy. Also, if you bake for too long, the crumble topping just kind of gets cooked into the mushy strawberries and loses it’s texture as well. So, the lesson here is to just bake long enough to warm the strawberries through and serve it up right away!
Ideas for optional toppings
Don’t forget you can throw some optional toppings on your strawberry crumble to jazz it up a bit. Some dairy-free ice cream goes great on top! You can also drizzle some coconut butter or balsamic reduction on top. Strawberries and balsamic are a great combo! You could even drizzle some melted dark chocolate on top…really there are lots of options and ways you could take this! What will you try first?
More healthy dessert recipes
- EGG-FREE BROWNIES (PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
- CREAMY STRAWBERRY POPSICLES (PALEO, DAIRY-FREE + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
- GLUTEN FREE PEACH COBBLER (PALEO, DAIRY-FREE + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
- GLUTEN FREE COFFEE CAKE (PALEO, VEGAN + EGG-FREE)
Give this healthy strawberry crumble a try!
Make up a batch of this strawberry crumble and enjoy the spring flavors and treats, just a little bit healthier! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood so we can see and maybe even share in our stories, too! And if you don’t already, make sure to give us a follow – let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Strawberry Crumble (Paleo + Vegan)
For the strawberry filling:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahreheit.
- Prep strawberries as noted and place in a mixing bowl. Toss with the rest of the strawberry filling ingredients, and place in baking dish.
- Re-use the same mixing bowl and add all of the crumble topping ingredients, except for the chopped pecans. Use a fork to combine the mixture until it gets crumbly.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, and sprinkle crumble on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes, until strawberries are just heated through so they don't get overly mushy. They'll continue to soften after removed from the oven.
- Remove and serve. It goes great with a scoop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream. Enjoy!