These are all the summer salads you need to make this year. Recipes for every type of healthy salad from green salad to chicken salad, potato salad, fruit salad and more!
When the weather warms up and the farmers market opens, you know it’s time to start making some summer salads! Healthy salads are a great way to use fresh produce from your garden or the store.
Take advantage of all of the amazingly fresh ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, greens, fruit and potatoes. We know you’ll find a new favorite summer salad in this roundup!
Side salads or a full meal
A lot of the salads included in this roundup are delicious and filling all on their own. You don’t have to make a separate protein, just follow the recipe for a full meal!
Of course, we also included some awesome side salad recipes. Nothing says summer like grilling, so we included plenty of options for BBQ sides. My personal all time favorite? Potato salad with bacon.
Wondering what to serve with your salad? Check out all of our healthy grilling recipes!
Green Salad Recipes
A variety of greens like kale, chard, spinach, arugula and romaine. Fresh garden veggies like tomatoes, radishes, carrots, zucchini and peppers. These green salad recipes showcase the abundance of flavor that summer produce offers!
Potato Salad Recipes
To me, nothing says summer and grilling like a hearty potato salad. It’s the perfect side for a summer BBQ, potluck, holiday or family gathering. Plus, the leftovers are even better than the day it was made!
Cabbage Salad Recipes
Hearty and crunchy, cabbage salads are a fun way to change things up from a traditional green salad. Use a mix of green and purple cabbage for a salad that looks just as good as it tastes!
Fruit Salad Recipes
I can never decide which fruits to use in a fruit salad, so I usually end up with a HUGE salad made up of 10 different fruits. Does anyone else do this? These fruit salad recipes are more on the simple side, but just as delicious.
Broccoli Salad Recipes
Broccoli is often overlooked for salads, but it can add the best crunch and texture. These salads put broccoli front and center, so you can enjoy this amazing veggie as the star of the show.
Chicken Salad Recipes
Although chicken salad can be made year-round, I find myself craving it more in the summer. I usually serve it on top of greens or in a tortilla/wrap, but it’s also a great for meal prep and can be used for quick and easy lunches.
Cucumber Salad Recipes
Cucumber is my absolute favorite summer vegetable. I eat pickling cucumbers straight out of the garden whenever I can. They also make the best crunchy and simple salads when paired with a few other fresh ingredients.
Steak Salad Recipes
Summer steak salads are where it’s at! Throw a steak on the grill, mix up some greens and dressing and you are all set for a savory and fresh meal. Any grilled steak will work with these recipes, but I prefer flank or skirt steak.
Caesar Salad Recipes
Finding a healthy caesar salad dressing can be hard, but you’ve come to the right place! These caesar salad options give you some great homemade dressing options so they are a healthy take on the classic caesar.
Spinach Salad Recipes
Spinach is the perfect base for a summer salad. Although you can get spinach year-round, I like it best when it’s mixed with other fresh summer ingredients – especially fresh berries.
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
35+ Healthy Summer Salad Recipes: Thai Beef Salad
For the salad:
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak (or flank steak)
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced (medium sized, or half of a large one)
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated on a microplane
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Water, to thin (add 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches your desired consistency – we used about 2 tbsp)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat your grill to high heat (450-500° F). Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Prep all of the salad ingredients as noted, and place in a large bowl and toss. Also prep ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Add the steak to the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes and flip. Grill for another 2-4 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking. Remove and place on a cutting board to rest for at least 5 minutes. See notes below for cooking in a skillet on the stove.
- While the steak is grilling, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and toss.
- Once steak has rested, slice the steak against the grain and top the salad with it. Serve and enjoy!
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add in some avocado oil. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to cut your steak in half and cook it in two batches.
- Once the skillet is hot and shimmering, add the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-4 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking.