We’re back at it again with a new bowl meal! This healthy teriyaki chicken bowl is made with colorful veggies and served over cauliflower rice. The teriyaki sauce is made with coconut aminos and dates, making it naturally sweetened and a healthier way to enjoy teriyaki chicken!
What’s in a healthy teriyaki sauce?
We used some Paleo pantry staples to make this healthy teriyaki sauce. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Coconut aminos (or you can use our DIY coconut aminos substitute)
- Arrowroot starch
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh ginger root
- Garlic powder
How to make the best healthy teriyaki chicken
It’s not hard! And it comes together pretty quickly, too! Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to make this healthy teriyaki chicken.
- Use a blender or food processor to combine the sauce ingredients.
- Cut up chicken and rice cauliflower (or save time by buying pre-riced cauliflower).
- Get chicken cooking on the stove.
- Prep veggies while chicken cooks.
- Add veggies to the pan and let them cook.
- Heat up cauliflower rice.
- Add teriyaki sauce to pan with chicken and veggies and finish cooking.
- Serve it up over cauliflower rice!
Make it a teriyaki chicken bowl
We used cauliflower rice in this recipe to keep it healthy and completely Paleo friendly, but if you tolerate white rice, it’s also a delicious bowl with regular rice and the teriyaki chicken stir fry. How will you serve it?
More healthy chicken recipes
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS (FROM FROZEN)
- UNBELIEVABLY MOIST CHICKEN MEATLOAF
- INSANELY EASY INSTANT POT BUFFALO CHICKEN
- PERFECTLY COOKED AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREASTS
- HEALTHY INSTANT POT ORANGE CHICKEN
- CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN
Your turn to try our healthy teriyaki chicken stir fry
Plan to make this quick and easy weeknight dinner to satisfy your healthy comfort food craving. It’s an easy one the whole family will enjoy! Leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes.
And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re cooking up!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
For the teriyaki sauce:
For the rest:
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs), cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 small red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups green beans, ends removed and snipped into small pieces
- 6 green onions, ends removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 cups cauliflower rice (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and peper
- Sesame seeds, optional topping
- To make the sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart.
- Prep chicken as noted. "Rice" cauliflower in the food processor to have it ready if you're not using pre-riced cauliflower.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring to cook on all sides, until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep bell pepper, broccoli, green beans and green onions as noted.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan, along with the bell pepper, broccoli, beans and green onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- At the same time, in a separate pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Give the teriyaki sauce mixture a quick stir and then add it to the pan with the chicken and veggies. Stir until the veggies and chicken are evenly coated. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Turn heat to low. Taste and season with any salt and/or pepper as desired.
- Remove everything from heat and serve teriyaki chicken and veggies over cauliflower rice. Top with optional sesame seeds if desired.