Who doesn’t like some warm salty nuts?
Ok – all innuendos aside, this simple snack is completely addicting. These herb roasted almonds are roasted quickly in the oven which provides some crunch and allows the herbs to crisp up into a finger-lickin’ state. We made a large batch because we knew they would store well, but they didn’t end up lasting very long.
These make a great snack to have with some drinks, to munch on before dinner, or just about anytime. I know that we will be making them to have on regular rotation throughout the holidays in our house because they will be great to munch on between all the big meals. By the way, can you believe that the holidays are just around the corner? It’s almost Labor day which basically means that the summer is winding down and leaves will be turning soon. While I’m sad to see the summer winding down, I do love the fall and look forward to the holiday season.
Ok, back to the nuts. The options with these are endless, just take any of your favorite herbs and spices and use them in this recipe. Don’t be afraid to experiment! We used fresh sage, rosemary and thyme and they turned out really delicious. Just coat your almonds with a little avocado oil, add some herbs, and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Herb Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp sage - finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp rosemary - finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Place the almonds in a medium bowl
- Add in the avocado oil, fresh herbs and salt. Mix everything well to coat.
- Spread the almonds out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy your snack!