Nothing says date night in like a homemade flatbread pizza! And this one is gluten free and dairy free, although you can definitely add cheese. We used a grain free flatbread mix that comes out perfect every time and added our favorite toppings! Come along for this easy, yet satisfying homemade pizza night!
Disclaimer: We partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this post. We only work with companies and brands we truly believe in and use ourselves. Therefore, all opinions and recipes are entirely our own. Thank you for supporting The Real Simple Good Life and our partners.
A gluten and grain free flatbread mix
We were so excited when Bob’s Red Mill introduced their new Grain Free Flatbread Mix! It’s got all the regular flours we use, but in the exact right measurements with no guesswork. The mix is delicious, quick to prepare and easy-to-use. It’s full of flavor and the aroma of traditional baked goods fills your home while it bakes. You will love Bob’s Red Mill high quality grain free products as much as we do!
What you need to make a flatbread pizza
Here’s what you need to mix up a flatbread pizza of your own.
- Bob’s Red Mill Grain Free Flatbread Mix
- 2 eggs – or flax eggs work too (combine 2 tablespoons flax meal with 5 tablespoons of warm water and let it sit for at least 5 minutes)
- Cooking oil of choice – the package recommends melted coconut oil or butter/ghee
- Your favorite pizza toppings – we’ve got some recommendations below
How to make pizza at home
It’s easy, especially with this flatbread mix! Here are the steps for making homemade flatbread pizza.
- Mix up the dough. Just follow the instructions on the package.
- Form the dough into either a circle or a rectangle shape like we did.
- Wet your fingers and smooth the edges.
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add your toppings.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Slice and serve!
PRO TIP: We use two pieces of parchment paper and press the dough out with our hands and then use a rolling pin to get it even.
Homemade pizza toppings
Here are the toppings we used. You can use whatever toppings you and your family love!
- Marinara sauce – look for one with no added sugar
- Ground chorizo – that we cooked while the flatbread was baking
- Artichoke hearts
- Some Whole30 ranch dressing to drizzle on top
PRO TIP: Using a creamy sauce on top is a great way to keep your homemade pizza dairy free! Try our homemade dressings and sauces!
Other date night in recipes
- HEALTHY SWEET POTATO CHICKEN PAD THAI RECIPE
- SPAGHETTI PIZZA CASSEROLE
- HEALTHY 20-MINUTE KOREAN BEEF BOWL
- SPAGHETTI SQUASH CARBONARA
- HEALTHY INSTANT POT ORANGE CHICKEN
Your turn to try this homemade flatbread pizza
Whether it’s a date night in, or just a fun family meal, make this gluten free flatbread pizza! It’s simple to make and easy to customize to your preferences. Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. And tag us @realsimplegood when you share a pic! We love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Homemade Gluten Free Flatbread Pizza
For the flatbread crust:
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Grain Free Flatbread Mix
- 2 eggs, (or flax eggs – combine 2 tbsp flax meal with 5 tbsp warm water and let sit for 5+ minutes)
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted, (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup water
For the toppings:
- marinara sauce, (you only need about a 1/4 – 1/2 cup)
- ground chorizo, (you only need about 1/4 lb)
- artichoke hearts, quartered
- mushrooms, sliced
- olives, sliced
- ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and tear two pieces of parchment paper about the size of a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, ghee, water and flatbread mix. Let sit for 5 minutes. Roll into ball and transfer to one sheet of parchment paper on the counter.
- Place the second sheet of parchment paper on top and press the dough out into a circle or a rectangle. You can start with your hands and then use a rolling pin to get the dough even.
- Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet and remove the top sheet. Use wet hands to smooth the edges of the dough.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes until the edges just start to brown.
- Remove and add toppings to flatbread.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
will be making this soon but without chorizo and olives as am a vegan and am not a big fan of olives i love pizza and mushrooms soooooooooooo much will dm you guys if i make this and let you guys know how it goes Thanks Ramya