Why you’ll love this delicious DIY cocktail syrup
- Forget the fake red grenadine syrup from the store, make your own at home with just 2 simple ingredients!
- Use it for any homemade cocktails or mocktails in place of store-bought grenadine.
- It’s super-easy to make and will last for about a month in the fridge.
- You’ll love the deep red color and touch of sweet flavor it will add to any drink!
- Try it in this sunrise mocktail for a fun and colorful beverage.
Related ->> Check out our other healthy beverage recipes!
How to make grenadine syrup (step-by-step)
- Maple syrup – You can substitute honey, regular sugar, brown sugar, or coconut sugar if desired.
- Pomegranate juice – It’s best to use pure pomegranate juice (not from concentrate).
- Orange peel – This is optional, but it adds a hint of orange flavor to the syrup. You could use lemon peel also.
Tips from an expert home chef
- Be sure to simmer the syrup for the full 15 minutes. This will ensure it reduces down completely and is a nice, concentrated syrup.
- Use this sparingly in your drinks, it’s really sweet. It’s best to start with a little and you can always add more.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. The syrup will last up to one month.
Some other healthy beverage options
- Strawberry Basil Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Honey Lavender Lemonade
- Lemon and Rosemary Cocktail
- Watermelon Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious, healthy recipes to find some other favorites too!
Easy Homemade Grenadine Syrup (Just 2 Ingredients!)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, (can sub honey or regular sugar, but it won't turn out as dark red)
- 3 small strips of orange peel
- Add the pomegranate juice and maple syrup to a small pan. Add in the orange peel strips if using. Stir to mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the water reaches a boil, turn it down to a low simmer. Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- If you added orange peel, carefully remove the peels and discard them. Allow the syrup to partially cool before storing.
- Pour the syrup into a jar or other airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to use, the syrup will last up to 1 month in the fridge.
- Use the grenadine syrup in any cocktails or mocktails you choose. Shake the syrup to mix before using.