Use your favorite dairy free milk for this homemade Vegan hot chocolate. It is sweetened naturally with a touch of pure maple syrup, and we added a plant based protein boost as well. Serve it up in a cozy mug with your favorite toppings!
Disclaimer: We partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this post. We only work with companies and brands we truly believe in and use ourselves. Therefore, all opinions and recipes are entirely our own. Thank you for supporting The Real Simple Good Life and our partners.
What do you need to make dairy free hot chocolate?
We used some basic ingredients and a new protein powder from Bob’s Red Mill to make this hot chocolate dairy free and Vegan friendly. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Dairy free milk of choice – we use coconut, almond or cashew
- Unsweetened cacao powder – cocoa powder will work too
- Pure maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Protein Powder
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
How do you make Vegan hot chocolate?
It is super simple! Just two easy steps, and you’ll be sipping this cozy drink!
- Heat up your dairy free milk, either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Place all the hot cocoa ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, about 20 seconds.
- That’s it! Serve it up in your favorite mug with some of our Vegan whipped coconut cream!
Why did you use almond protein powder?
We love that Bob’s Red Mill Almond Protein Powder is a plant based protein powder that you can use for Vegan friendly recipes. It’s made with just one simple ingredient using a simple mechanical process, without chemical solvents. There are no added flavors, colors or sweeteners and it’s non-GMO verified.
We love the reliable quality of Bob’s Red Mill products and have been using their baking flours for years in recipes like these lemon poppy seed muffins or these homemade snickerdoodles. We even use Bob’s Red Mill in savory dishes like our creamy tuscan chicken and our healthy instant pot orange chicken!
Your turn to make this Vegan hot cocoa
Go ahead and make a cozy mug full of chocolatey goodness! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes, and tell us what your favorite toppings are. Make sure to tag us @realsimplegood in a pic on Instagram too! We love to stay connected and see what you’re making.
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Homemade Vegan Hot Chocolate (with a boost of protein)
- Vegan whipped coconut cream
- Vegan Marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup
- Heat dairy free milk of choice, and then place all of the hot chocolate ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and serve with any toppings you love. Enjoy!