We love experimenting with unique flavors in the kitchen and trying new cuisines. This Indian chicken recipe is our latest experiment and we have to say that it turned out pretty tasty! Unique spices and some lemony tang will have you filling your bowl with this Indian chicken cauliflower rice dish!
What spices did you use in this Indian chicken dish?
There are lots of options for spices to give a dish some unique Indian flavor, and for this recipe we chose a mix of ginger, garam masala, turmeric and cumin. Garam masala is a powerhouse seasoning blend that packs tons of flavor and usually includes a mix of:
- Black Pepper
Here is a link to the garam masala we used in this recipe.
We wanted to make this recipe approachable and not include too many exotic seasonings, so using garam masala gives you the most bang for your buck. If you don’t have any in your cupboard you should pick some up to make this recipe!
What flavors can I expect in this Indian chicken recipe?
The seasonings used in this recipe add warmth, sweetness, floral notes, and a touch of spice from the black pepper. While cooking, you’ll smell the fragrant and flavorful spices cooking into the chicken. These flavors are offset with some tangy lemon and the cauliflower rice adds a nice, filling texture to the dish.
One pan cooking at its finest
This is truly the definition of a one pan meal. With just a little prep, you’ll be cooking away in no time and everything cooks in one pan perfectly. Because it’s all in one pan, the cauliflower rice absorb all of the flavor and spices from the chicken. It’s so, so good!
Some other unique one pan meals
Your turn to try this Indian chicken recipe
Break out of your boring old chicken rut and give this one pan Indian chicken recipe a try. You won’t regret it, I promise! It’s simple to make and comes together easily. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Indian Chicken Recipe (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the chicken:
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp ghee
For the seasoning:
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
For the rest:
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced (or sub bell pepper)
- 1 head cauliflower, riced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (for serving)
- Make the seasoning by combining all of the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl or jar and mixing well. Cut chicken into cubes and toss with the seasoning to cover the chicken cubes.
- Rice cauliflower and chop the onion, pepper and cilantro. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken pieces, onion and poblano pepper to cook. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the pan with the chicken. Mix everything together and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice just starts to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve chicken and cauliflower rice topped with chopped cilantro.