This easy to prepare recipe features a tangy Italian dressing that gives this Instant Pot Italian beef an extra flavor kick you’re sure to love. Make it in your slow cooker or Instant pot, either way you’ll end up with a delicious batch of savory shredded Italian beef.
What kind of roast is best for this recipe?
This recipe really will work with just about any beef roast. It’s especially made for the cheaper cuts of beef roasts like a pot roast or bottom round. These cuts have marbling throughout the meat that breaks down in cooking for juicy, flavorful shredded beef. A brisket will work as well, and will result in a “richer” flavor profile.
The Italian “dressing”
When we first tried this recipe, I cooked the roast in the dressing, hoping to really get the Italian flavor into the meat. Unfortunately, it didn’t exactly turn out that way. It was kind of bland. So instead of cooking the meat with the dressing, I decided to toss the dressing with the shredded beef after cooking. Using this method results in much better flavor and you really can taste the tangy, peppery and herby notes that the Italian dressing adds.
How should I serve this Italian Beef?
Depending on your dietary wants and needs, this is a really versatile recipe. You can keep it low carb and serve it with cauliflower rice or greens. Stuffed in a regular or sweet potato would be great too, or over some white rice. Also, you could go the traditional route and make a sandwich. Whatever you choose, I know you’ll love the flavor of this Italian beef!
Some other Instant pot recipes to try
- Easy Harissa Chicken
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joe’s
- White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- BBQ Pulled Chicken
Your turn to try this Instant Pot Italian Beef
Go ahead and whip up this recipe and dig into some delicious Italian shredded beef! No matter how you serve it, you’ll be digging into seconds and enjoying the flavorful Italian dressing. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. And make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already – let’s stay connected!
Instant Pot Italian Beef (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the seasoning:
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- Dice onion and cut roast into 2 inch cubes. Prepare seasoning mix by mixing seasonings in a small bowl.
- Season the beef cubes with the seasoning mix. Toss to coat on all sides.
- Press the sauté button on the instant pot and add ghee. Once hot, add in the beef cubes and brown them on all sides. Press cancel on the instant pot once the beef is browned.
- Add the onions to the instant pot and pour in the beef broth.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Press the “manual” button (or “pressure cook” button) and set the time to cook for 30 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, let the pressure naturally release on its own for 20 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the Italian dressing by combining all of the seasoning ingredients in a bowl and mixing well.
- When the beef is finished, manually release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Remove the beef and shred it with two forks. Discard the broth from the Instant Pot (you can save it for beef broth if desired).
- Place the beef back into the Instant Pot and press the Saute button. Pour the Italian dressing in with the beef and mix. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until the dressing and peppers are warmed through. Serve and enjoy.