This Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken is a quick and healthy dinner that can be served with just about anything. Featuring a thick, creamy and lemony non-dairy sauce, it’s the perfect savory chicken dish for the Whole30 or Paleo diet.
A creamy sauce without coconut milk
If you’ve done a Whole30 or followed the Paleo diet for a while, you might think that an indulgent tasting creamy sauce without coconut milk is off the table. Luckily, that’s not the case! We’ve created an easy sauce that’s made with cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and some simple seasonings. The sauce is super easy to make, just throw everything in a high-powered blender and you’re done.
Adjust the lemon and garlic to taste
With the name of this recipe being lemon garlic chicken, I hope you are expecting a lot of lemony, garlicky goodness. With that said, these are two strong flavors and there is a balance needed so one isn’t overpowering the other.
We have given the amounts we used in the recipe, but we realize that all garlic cloves and lemons are not the same size. We buy organic produce, which tends to be smaller than “regular” produce. So, if you are using very large lemons or garlic cloves, you may need to use less than is stated in the recipe. You can always start with half the amount listed and adjust to taste.
This easy lemon garlic chicken is a really versatile meal and can be mixed and matched with just about anything. Here are some ideas:
- Over greens as pictured above
- With cauliflower rice or regular rice
- Over zoodles or sweet potato noodles
- With roasted vegetables
- With mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower
More chicken recipes for the Instant Pot
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN CURRY (PALEO + WHOLE30)
- BBQ PULLED CHICKEN – SLOW COOKER OR INSTANT POT (PALEO + WHOLE30)
- INSTANT POT BUTTER CHICKEN (PALEO + WHOLE30)
- CHICKEN TINGA (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO) INSTANT POT OR SLOW COOKER
Your turn to try this lemon garlic chicken
This will be your new favorite chicken recipe that you can pair with any side dish. Make it for your family and see what they think about the creamy dairy-free sauce. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
- Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- Mince garlic and set aside. Mix Italian seasoning, salt and pepper together in a small container.
- Press the "Sauté" button on the Instant Pot and add ghee. Once the pot is hot, working in batches, add in the chicken thighs to sear on each side for 2-3 minutes. Season the chicken lightly on both sides with the seasoning mixture while cooking. Remove the chicken from the Instant pot and place it on a plate after searing.
- Once all of the chicken is seared and removed, add in the chicken broth and deglaze the pan, scraping up the bits from the bottom. Press the "off/cancel" button. Place the chicken back in the Instant Pot and sprinkle on the garlic.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve. Press the “manual” button (or “pressure cook” button) and set the time to cook for 8 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, quick release the pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by placing all of the sauce ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- When the chicken is finished, carefully open the lid and remove the chicken from the instant pot (leave the juices in the pot). Press the "off/cancel" button and then press the "Sauté" button.
- Add the sauce to the Instant Pot. Stir continuously to heat up the sauce and allow it to thicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Press the "off/cancel" button.
- Add the chicken back in with the sauce and toss to coat. Serve chicken topped with some sauce and parsley if desired.