Since Erica doesn’t eat pork chops (Justin here writing this post), I sometimes get a craving for pork chops and have to make up some for myself. Usually I just do a simple seasoning and cook them on the grill or cast iron pan, but this time I decided to try them in the instant pot. Boy was I happy with how these instant pot pork chops with apple balsamic topping turned out!
Sauté In The Instant Pot
Have you used your instant pot to sauté anything yet? When we first got ours, we only used it for soups and roasts and things you’d typically make in the crockpot. But the instant pot has so much more to offer, why not use it for other recipes? The sauté function on the instant pot is easy, and it’s basically like cooking something in a skillet over medium heat. So, for this instant pot pork chop recipe you can use the instant pot for both browning the pork chops and cooking them with a delicious apple balsamic topping. Win win.
The Apple Balsamic Topping
Pork and apples pair perfectly together. There’s something about the sweetness of the apple that creates a perfect combination of flavors. For this recipe, I added some light seasonings, onion and tart balsamic to bring even more flavor to the topping.
6 Ingredients – Simple And Easy
If you are looking for a simple recipe, this is about as easy as it gets. The hardest part in making these instant pot pork chops is cutting up an apple and an onion, that’s really all there is to it. Then, just sauté the pork chops for a couple of minutes to brown the outside, add the remaining ingredients and just sit back and let the instant pot work its magic!
Looking For More Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes?
In case you haven’t seen it, we put together a round up post of 21 Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes. Be sure to check this post out and pin it for later so you always have plenty of instant pot recipes on hand.
Your Turn To Try These Instant Pot Pork Chops with Apple Balsamic Topping
Get your instant pot out and go make these pork chops! You will love the flavor combo of apple, balsamic and pork and it’s such a simple and easy recipe. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Apple Balsamic Topping (Paleo + Whole30)
- Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 thick cut pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced into chunks
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Chop onion and apples as noted and have the other ingredients on hand for quick access.
- Turn your Instant Pot on and set it to “Saute”.
- Add in ghee to melt and stir it around to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Place pork chops in the instant pot to brown each side (about 1-2 minutes per side). Don't saute too long, it's just to get a quick brown sear on each side.
- Once the chops are browned press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Sprinkle the onion and apples over the pork chops. Drizzle on the balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt and pepper over everything.
- Lock the Instant pot lid into place and close the pressure valve.
- Cook on the manual setting for 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure once the cooking is complete.
- Remove the pork chops and spread the apple/onion topping evenly over each pork chop for serving.