Today we’ve got a great meal prep recipe for you with these Paleo + Whole30 Instant Pot sloppy joe’s! They’re flavorful, versatile and an easy recipe the whole family will love!
Quick + Easy Prep
All you have to do is mix up the sauce and chop an onion and a bell pepper, and you’re ready to go with these instant pot sloppy joe’s. The key is to get the sauce to coat the bottom of the instant pot so that it pressurizes. You don’t need to mix everything up once you get it in your instant pot. Just layer it in – sauce, broken up ground beef, the onion and bell pepper.
We love meals we can make and then have in the fridge for leftovers. And it’s even better when the leftovers can be used multiple ways. These instant pot sloppy joe’s are a great meal prep recipe because you can enjoy the leftovers in a variety of ways, making them versatile so you don’t get bored.
So Many Ways To Enjoy These Sloppy Joe’s
Some of our favorite ways to enjoy these sloppy joe’s are in a bowl, like photographed, with greens and a little rice. We happened to have parsley and purple cabbage on hand, so we added a little of those as well. These healthy sloppy joe’s would be great in a baked sweet potato, in a lettuce wrap, with plantains, with eggs and greens, etc. You’ll have to tell us what your favorite ways to enjoy these easy instant pot sloppy joe’s are!
More Instant Pot Recipes
Your Turn To Try Our Instant Pot Sloppy Joe’s
Plan to make these instant pot sloppy joe’s this coming weekend as you meal prep for the following week! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes! Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can see, and we might share on our account! Give us a follow if you don’t already, too. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Instant Pot Sloppy Joe’s (Paleo + Whole30)
- First, prepare the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl or jar until they form a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Breaking the ground beef into small pieces with your hands, add the ground beef to the Instant Pot on top of the sauce.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper and add them to the instant pot on top of the ground beef. You don’t need to mix anything, you want the sauce on the bottom so the Instant Pot will pressurize.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve. Press the “manual” button (or “pressure cook” button) and set the time to cook for 15 minutes at high pressure. Quick release the pressure once finished.
- Remove the top and mix the sloppy joes up, breaking up the beef into smaller pieces as needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.