I can eat soup all year long, and I could probably eat tacos every day. This Paleo, Whole30 + Keto Instant Pot taco soup is pretty much where all the things I love collide. It’s got lots of veggies, gut healing bone broth, grass-fed ground beef and it all comes together for an easy, healthy dinner in your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. We give you instructions for both.
Instant Pot Or Slow Cooker
Whether you have an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker, we’ve got you covered! You can make this taco soup in either, and it is super easy to prep both ways! All you have to do is break up your ground beef a little in the base of either the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker and then add the rest of the ingredients and let the machine do its thing! Obviously cooking in the Instant Pot shaves off some time, but you can really plan for either. If you are short on time or just want to prep ahead for using your Slow Cooker, you can prep all the veggies and the seasoning mix the night before, and then all you’ll have to do is throw everything in the next day, making it feel like even less work!
Taco In A Bowl
Taco Tuesday or any day of the week, tacos are always a good idea. We love taco flavors, but don’t always eat them in true taco form. Recipes like this Instant Pot taco soup are another great way to enjoy your favorite flavors without the added carbs or corn. Plus, as the weather gets chilly, a cozy and warming soup is always comforting. You also get the added benefit of using bone broth, so you’ll be nurturing your gut as well!
Toppings Of Course
You can really add any and all of your favorite taco toppings to this soup! We went with some avocado slices and fresh chopped cilantro. If you are following the Keto diet you could add some quality cheese on top, but make sure to omit if you’re doing a Whole30. Some other ideas would be a dollop of coconut yogurt (similar to a sour cream or Greek yogurt flavor), chopped red onion or chipotle lime mayo. What else do you like to use for toppings?
Some Other Soups To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Instant Pot Taco Soup
Make this Instant Pot taco soup this coming weekend and then enjoy the leftovers for lunch during the work week. Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Instant Pot Taco Soup (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced , (optional)
- 1 can black olives, drained and sliced, (14.5 oz can)
- 1 can fire roasted crushed tomatoes, (14.5 oz can)
- 1 can green chiles, (4-5 oz can)
- 2 cups beef broth
For the seasoning:
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheese, (omit for Whole30 & strict Paleo)
- To make the seasoning, add all seasoning ingredients to a bowl or jar and mix.
- Prep onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno (optional) and olives as noted.
For the instant pot:
- Place the beef in the instant pot. Break it up into small bits with a wooden spoon. Pour 1/2 of the seasoning mix over the beef and mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including the rest of the seasoning mix, to the instant pot. Stir to mix.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Press the "soup" button.
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete and then quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid when safe to do so. You may need to break up the beef into smaller pieces at this point if needed. Taste soup and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Spoon into bowls, top with desired toppings and enjoy.
For the slow cooker:
- Follow steps 1-4 above, placing the ingredients in and mixing in your slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Spoon into bowls, top with desired toppings and enjoy.