This easy low carb Big Mac salad recipe is a healthy and filling salad that’s ready in about 20 minutes. Skip the bun and enjoy the flavors of your favorite cheeseburger in a salad!
It’s like a Big Mac in a bowl
This salad has all the flavors you love in the classic Big Mac. Here’s what you need to make this delicious dish:
- Ground beef – You could easily substitute ground chicken or turkey if that’s your preference.
- Big Mac Sauce – You’ll want to dump this all over your salad!
- Romaine Lettuce – Be sure to use some of the thick ends of the leaves closer to the stem to give your salad some extra crunch.
- Onion – Thinly sliced yellow or purple onion adds some more crunch and color. You can reduce or omit this ingredient for a lower carb count.
- Tomato – Cherry or grape tomatoes add great texture and color. You can reduce or omit this ingredient for a lower carb count.
- Pickle – A cruncy, sliced dill pickle is a must on your Big Mac salad!
- Cheddar cheese – Classic cheddar is perfect for this salad, but you can use any cheese you prefer. Omit this ingredient for a Paleo + Whole30 compliant salad.
The secret Big Mac dressing
I won’t lie, the special sauce is where it’s at for a Big Mac salad! We made a healthy copycat version of Big Mac Sauce that is the perfect dressing for this low-carb salad.
Drizzle the sauce on top of your salad bowl or mix the entire salad together with the sauce right before serving. Either way, you’ll love how the tangy sauce mixes in with the ground beef and other flavors and textures of this salad.
Different versions of this low-carb salad
This recipe follows the traditional ingredients of a Big Mac, but you can easily modify it to suit your tastes or whatever ingredients you have on hand. Mix it up with any greens, leftover protein and other chopped veggies for a quick lunch – just don’t forget that special sauce!
Some other Keto salad recipes
- HOMEMADE KETO CHICKEN SALAD
- BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH BACON
- BEEF SHAWARMA BOWL
- HEALTHY EGG SALAD (NO MAYO)
- EASY SALMON SALAD BOWLS
Your turn to try this Keto Big Mac Salad
Go ahead and add this delicious salad to your meal plan for the week. Then, get creative and slather some Big Mac sauce on just about everything! Leave a comment to let us know how it goes and take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re making!
Keto Big Mac Salad
For the salad:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp ghee
- salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium pickles, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced (omit if you desire a lower carb count)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional, omit for strict Paleo)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Once the pan is hot add in the beef and break it into small bits. Season beef with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the beef is cooking, make the big mac sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a whisk. Refrigerate while you make the rest of the salad.
- Prepare the lettuce, onion, pickles, tomatoes, and cheese (optional) as noted.
- Now, make your salad. If you wish, you can mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Or, you can just make individual salad bowls with a base of greens and add the other ingredients on top. Drizzle with sauce and enjoy! Note, you may have extra sauce. If so, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.