This easy, low-carb keto breakfast casserole is flavorful and filling. Packed with eggs, sausage, spinach and veggies (cheese is optional), it’s quick and easy to make and always a crowd favorite.
An easy low-carb breakfast casserole
When following a low-carb diet, it’s nice to have easy breakfast options on hand. This sausage breakfast casserole is a go-to for an easy Keto breakfast. Just make it over the weekend and you can easily reheat the leftovers for an easy breakfast!
Other keto friendly breakfast options
We have a lot of other easy keto breakfast recipes. Here’s a link to check out all of our keto breakfast ideas. Some of our favorites are:
Of course, you could always skip breakfast and try intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting goes along very well with a keto diet. Here’s a full post about my intermittent fasting results.
What keto sausage do you use?
Most of the time, we make our own sausage at home. Our homemade country breakfast sausage is an easy keto sausage recipe that you can use in this casserole!
Here are some options for purchasing no sugar added Keto sausage:
- Pederson’s Uncured No Sugar Breakfast Sausage
- Jones Dairy Farm Sausage Roll
- Mulay’s Breakfast Sausage
- US Wellness Meats No Sugar Breakfast Sausage
What veggies did you sneak in this keto egg casserole?
Eating a keto/low carb diet is hard, and we’ve found it can feel pretty limiting in what vegetables you consume. Sometimes you really want the flavor of garlic and onions, you know?
The good news is, when you make a large dish like this keto breakfast casserole, per serving you are only getting a small amount of garlic and onion so it remains fairly low carb. We also added in some mushrooms, spinach and fresh sage to compliment the eggs and sausage.
Dairy free keto
Cheese is really amazing, but we like providing you with options. Not everyone can tolerate dairy or might be cutting out dairy for a Whole30 or other reasons. For this recipe, the cheese is totally optional. It will turn out great either way! We added some avocado on top when we left out the cheese for a little bit of extra flavor.
If you are looking for dairy-free keto recipes, we have a lot in our archives! Almost all of our Keto recipes are dairy-free and if they are not the dairy is an optional ingredient.
Your turn to try this keto breakfast casserole
Go ahead and whip up this low carb breakfast casserole for a family brunch or to have leftovers to eat for the week. Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic and tag us @realsimplegood we love to see what you are cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Quick, Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb ground sausage, (can sub ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped, (or sub dried)
- 2 cups shredded cheese, (omit for Whole30, dairy free or strict Paleo)
- 2 tbsp ghee, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Sliced avocado, (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add in the sausage to cook and break it into small pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the sausage is cooking, chop onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach and sage as noted. Shred cheese if you are using cheese.
- Grease a large baking dish with ghee.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add the sausage, chopped veggies, cheese (if you are using cheese) salt and pepper and mix. Pour everything into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, cut into pieces, and serve.
This casserole is GREAT! It’s easy to put together and makes enough for breakfast for two for 5 days in a row.
Happy to hear you enjoyed this one! Thanks for giving it a try and for coming back to let us know how it went! 🙂
Mmmm I made this for breakfast but made a little change…. I used a deep pie dish and used the sausage as a crust. Baked it 45 minutes in 350 oven. My husband and son loved it!
Wow Deanne, that sounds amazing! I’ll have to try using the sausage as a crust, that sounds delicious 🙂
We LOVE this casserole! I typically make it for dinner, although I have also had leftovers for breakfast. I make sausage from ground turkey and half the recipe for the two of us. We try to eat Paleo, but I do add some cheese (not the amount called for) to the casserole and love to serve with avocado on top. The recipe is easy, quick, satisfies my veggie cravings and is extremely delicious!
Thank you for the great review Dawn, we are so glad you love this recipe!
Glad you liked it Laurie!