An easy recipe that’s packed with flavor, this keto chicken salad will be your new go to chicken salad recipe! The simple ingredients in this recipe create a flavorful low carb chicken salad that you can eat with just about anything.
What chicken should I use for this keto chicken salad?
You have a few options for the type of chicken you can use, any of these will work for this recipe:
- Crockpot or Instant Pot shredded chicken (see recipe notes)
- Pulled rotisserie chicken
- Canned chicken (drained)
- Leftover cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
Chicken Salad with Bacon?
We love adding bacon to our chicken salad to get those little bits of crunchy, salty goodness mixed in. I mean really, how can you not enjoy that? Bacon makes just about anything better, don’t you agree?
A recipe that’s perfect for meal prep
This recipe is easy and simple to prepare, which makes it perfect for meal prep. It keeps well in the fridge for at least 5 days and you can utilize it in so many ways. Here are some ideas:
- Chicken salad lettuce wraps
- Stuffed in an avocado
- On top of a green salad
- In a sandwich with your choice of bread (Paleo or Keto)
- As a dip for veggies and/or apples
- Heated up and paired with eggs (sounds weird but, it’s delicious)
Some other quick + easy keto recipes
Your turn to try this keto chicken salad
Go ahead and add this keto chicken salad to your meal plan for the week! Then, get creative and enjoy the leftovers any way you want! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram so we can see! Tag us @realsimplegood, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Keto Chicken Salad (Paleo + Whole30)
- Dice bacon and heat a pan over medium heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is brown and starting to get crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- While bacon is cooking, cut up celery and olives and place them in a bowl.
- Add shredded chicken to the bowl along with the lemon juice, mustard, mayo and chopped dill. Add the bacon in and mix will to incorporate. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- For optimal taste, refrigerate for 1-2 hours to completely cool and allow the flavors to combine. Serve with optional chopped pistachios if desired and enjoy.