We are big fans of breakfast casseroles for meal prep. It makes life easy during the work week to have breakfast on hand that just needs to be re-heated. This Keto frittata is not only delicious and a filling and satisfying, low carb breakfast, it is also easily made Paleo and Whole30 friendly as well. Plus, it has only eight ingredients and is simple to make!
Disclaimer: We partnered with Jones Dairy Farm to bring you this post. We only work with companies and brands we truly believe in and use ourselves. Therefore, all opinions and recipes are entirely our own. Thank you for supporting Real Simple Good and our partners.
What kind of breakfast sausage do you use in this Keto frittata?
We used Jones Dairy Farm No Sugar All Natural Pork Sausage Roll in this breakfast frittata recipe. Their sausage roll is a favorite at our house because it’s so versatile and flavorful. We also love Jones Dairy Farm pork sausage because it’s all natural, Certified Gluten Free and has no added sugar, making it great for both low carb and Whole30 eating. In addition, it is made with simple ingredients – just pork, water, salt and hand-blended spices. The spices are a proprietary blend, but we did confirm that they don’t contain garlic, onion or rosemary. So, all around this simple pork sausage is a winner! Visit the Jones Dairy Farm product locator to find a store near you!
What low carb veggies did you pack into this frittata?
Sometimes while trying to eat low carb or Keto, it can feel like you’re rather limited to the vegetables you can choose from. One great thing about a frittata like this is that with at least six servings in the whole dish, you get to spread the carbs out a bit more. We were able to add in some broccoli and mushrooms which pair great with the flavorful sausage!
What about the cheese – it’s not Paleo or Whole30?
Yes, in this recipe both cheese and heavy cream are optional ingredients that are more Keto and low carb friendly, but definitely not strict Paleo or Whole30. We’ve tried it without the dairy and this Keto frittata still comes out amazing! So, if you follow a strict Paleo or Whole30 diet right now, feel free to omit the cheese and stick to almond milk. You’re still going to love this easy, make ahead breakfast!
More meal prep breakfast recipes
- BREAKFAST FRIED RICE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- KETO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (PALEO + WHOLE30 OPTIONS)
- HEALTHY EGG MUFFINS (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- LOADED WHOLE30 BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (PALEO + KETO)
Go ahead and try this Keto frittata
Plan to meal prep and make ahead your breakfast for next week! This Keto frittata is filling and satisfying and sure to make your work week mornings easier and less stressful! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out and re-share in our stories! And if you don’t already, make sure to give us a follow – let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
- 12 oz Jones Dairy Farm No Sugar All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan (optional, omit for Whole30 or strict Paleo)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or heavy cream, almond milk only for Whole30 or strict Paleo)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add sausage. Break the sausage into bits and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is mostly cooked, about 6-7 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, prep mushrooms, broccoli and cheese (if using) as noted. Crack eggs into a bowl and mix with the almond milk (or cream), salt and pepper.
- When the sausage is mostly cooked, add in the mushrooms and broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2-3 minutes until the sausage is fully cooked and the vegetables start to soften.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom has cooked slightly.
- Top with cheese if using. Place the frittata in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the middle. You can switch the oven to broil at the end for a couple minutes to brown the top a bit.
- Remove from the oven, cut into pieces and serve.