These easy low carb meatballs are the perfect healthy oven-baked turkey meatball recipe. Using ground turkey and simple seasonings, they go with just about anything! Plan on popping a batch in the oven and eating them with different sides to keep things interesting. We even added a spicy aioli sauce to jazz them up a bit!
An easy turkey meatball recipe
We like keeping it simple around here, and these healthy keto turkey meatballs are no exception. They only have six main ingredients plus a couple of simple seasonings. But just because they are simple, don’t think they are lacking in flavor. They are perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of flavor and texture inside.
Turkey meatballs without breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs don’t really fit in the Keto and Whole30 realm, so this recipe doesn’t use them as a binder. Instead, the recipe uses an egg to help hold the meatballs together. You won’t miss the breadcrumbs or the extra carbs, the meatballs still taste great!
Tips on how to make turkey meatballs
Since ground turkey (or chicken) is usually very finely ground, it tends to stick to your hands a lot. You can’t completely prevent this, but here are some tips to make it manageable:
- Don’t over-mix the turkey. You want to just get all of the ingredients incorporated into the turkey and then stop.
- You can mix the turkey with an oil covered wooden spoon or spatula.
- Coat your hands in oil before mixing the turkey and rolling out the meatballs. Re-apply oil as needed.
- To help with #3, I like to keep a clean paper towel and jar of oil next to me when I’m forming meatballs. That way, I can use the paper towel to pick up the jar and add more to my hands when needed.
Serving suggestions for these easy meatballs
These meatballs really do go with just about anything. Here are some options!
Your turn to try these oven-baked turkey meatballs
Ready for some easy meal prep? Plan to make these healthy turkey meatballs and then pair them with whatever sounds good for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram! Tag us @realsimplegood so we can see, and give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Keto Turkey Meatballs (Paleo + Whole30)
For the meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and use your hands to combine the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into meatballs the size of oversized golf balls and place on lined baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until fully cooked. If desired, switch the oven to broil for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the top of the meatballs.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the sauce (optional). Place all of the sauce ingredients in a pint jar or small pyrex measuring cup. You want a container just wide enough for your immersion blender.
- Place the immersion blender at the bottom of the container. Start blending while holding the blender at the bottom. Don’t move the blender from the bottom until the sauce begins to emulsify and thicken. Once it starts to thicken, slowly move the immersion blender to the top until all of the oil is completely mixed in. It should result in a creamy sauce. Cover and refrigerate until use.
- Remove meatballs from oven and serve topped with spicy aioli (optional).