Ready for a super quick and easy 25 minute dinner? This Paleo, Whole30 + Keto kimchi soup is about to be a new favorite! It’s quick to throw together with only seven ingredients and full of flavor for a great weeknight meal.
Try Different Brands Of Kimchi
Depending on the brand of kimchi you use, you can really alter the flavor of this soup. Some kimchi is spicier than others, while some have just green cabbage and others have more veggies added in. Also, double check the ingredients especially if you’re doing a Whole30. Some have added sugar. A few brands we’ve tried and enjoyed are Wildbrine (this one is a bit spicier), Firefly Kitchens (this one is pretty mild) and Farmhouse Culture (note this one has date sugar).
We created this easy kimchi soup using ground pork, and we love how the extra fat gives this soup a little more flavor and depth. That said, you could also use ground chicken or turkey as well and still end up with a tasty soup! Your call!
Meal Planning + Prep
We love getting a head start on the upcoming week and typically make a larger meal on Sunday for dinner to have the leftovers in the fridge to re-heat once the week gets busy. The leftovers of this kimchi soup make great lunches to take with you to work. Do note below in the recipe that it’s meant to serve four, so if you’re wanting more than a couple leftover lunches out of it, you might consider doubling the recipe.
Some Other Soups To Try
We collaborated with some of our favorite Paleo + Whole30 bloggers to bring you even more Whole30 soups with this post! Click the images below from our friends over at Real Food with Jessica, Mary’s Whole Life, Paleo Running Momma and Wholesomelicious!
Your Turn To Try Our Kimchi Soup
Got a busy weeknight coming up? Or want to meal prep some lunches to take to work? Make this kimchi soup! It’s super quick and easy to make, just 25 minutes! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram! Tag us @realsimplegood so we can see, and then give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Kimchi Soup (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 1 lb ground pork (can sub leftover pulled pork)
- 4 green onions, diced (the white and green parts are used in separate steps)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice (approximate, just use whatever you can drain from the jar)
- 2 cups kimchi (drained and roughly chopped)
- 4 cups beef broth
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and add pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is almost cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the onions, garlic, ginger and kimchi as noted.
- When the pork is almost browned, add in the white part of the green onions, garlic and ginger. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kimchi, kimchi juice and beef broth and bring the pot to a low boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with diced green onion. Serve and enjoy.