This lemon thyme chicken packs some serious flavor and it’s incredibly healthy and easy to make. If you are looking for a simple and easy chicken dish that looks and tastes like it took hours to make, this is it!
The lemon and thyme combination give this chicken a crisp and light flavor that pairs well with pretty much any side dish. It is great on the grill for a summer BBQ or equally as delicious baked in the oven for a weeknight dinner.
Just marinate your chicken for a while to let the flavors set it, toss it in the oven and in no time you’ll be enjoying a delicious chicken dinner.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 3 lbs organic chicken - Drums and thighs work great and have a lot of flavor. That's what we used. You could also use chicken breasts.
- Juice of two lemons
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp rosemary - chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme - chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic - minced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- First, prepare your seasoning mix/marinade by pouring all of the ingredients except for the chicken into a 1 gallon ziplock bag and mixing everything together well.
- Add your chicken to the bag and mix to coat the chicken with the seasonings. Seal the bag tightly, releasing all of the air. Place the chicken in the fridge to marinate for one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Dump the chicken into a 9 x 11 baking dish and place it in the oven.
- Cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes and serve.