It’s juicy, mouth-watering grilled chicken – mediterranean style! A simple marinade is packed with flavor and chicken thighs grill up to perfection. Top it all off with a tangy dill sauce and you have the perfect healthy grilled chicken for your next BBQ!
An easy mediterranean chicken marinade
We love the marinade in this recipe because it adds complex mediterranean flavor with just a few ingredients.
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- A few seasonings
Also, you don’t have to marinate the chicken for hours or overnight. Simply marinate the chicken while you get the sauce ready and you’re good. You can baste the chicken with the marinade while cooking for extra flavor.
An option for baked mediterranean chicken
We love the smoky flavor that the grill adds to this chicken, especially paired with the tangy dill sauce. But if you don’t have a grill or can’t grill right now, we’ve provided baking instructions in the recipe notes.
What to serve with this mediterranean chicken
If you’re looking for something to serve with this recipe, here are some ideas:
- Grilled or roasted veggies (we grilled some artichoke hearts and olives with the chicken)
- Cauliflower rice or regular rice
- Grilled cauliflower steaks
- A simple green salad with olives, cucumber, etc.
As a bonus, the sauce in the recipe can usually go with the side dish as well! It should make enough so you can drizzle some on your whole plate if you wish :).
The perfect keto mediterranean chicken
Did we mention that this is the perfect low-carb grilled chicken recipe? Make a big batch for your keto meal prep or just amaze your friends with a flavorful chicken dinner. Either way, enjoy this chicken with a keto friendly side like those noted above and you’ll be set!
Your turn to try this mediterranean grilled chicken
Fire up your grill and get ready to enjoy some easy mediterranean flavor! With a quick prep and cook time, it’s a simple grilled meal your family will love. Throw some veggies on the grill too for a complete meal.
If you try this recipe, be sure to take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
- 2 lbs (907.18 g) boneless chicken thighs
For the marinade:
- Make the marinade by combining all of the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or zip-top bag.
- Place the chicken in the marinade and toss to coat. Set aside while you prep the sauce.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a pint jar or a 1 or 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. You want a container just wide enough for your immersion blender.
- Place the immersion blender at the bottom of the container. Start blending while holding the blender at the bottom. Don’t move the blender from the bottom until the sauce begins to emulsify and thicken. Once it starts to thicken, slowly move the immersion blender to the top until all of the oil is completely mixed in. It should result in a medium-thick sauce (slightly thinner than mayo). Taste the sauce and add more dill if desired and blend again.
- Prepare your grill to medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, place the chicken thighs on the grill to cook.
- Cook chicken for 4-6 minutes per side, or until cooked though in the center. Baste chicken with remaining marinade on both sides while cooking.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce. Enjoy.
- Instead of grilling, you can easily bake the chicken thighs. Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Follow the steps above to marinate the chicken and make the sauce. Place the chicken on the sheet pan and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet and do not include the topping/serving items for this recipe. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.