Do you ever dream of mochas and lattes or wake up early on the weekend just because you’re excited to make a tasty coffee beverage!?! Saturday mornings have become my favorite part of the week, and our Mexican Mocha is a little nugget why.
Justin and I are early birds. We get up before 5am most days during the week and rarely stay in bed on the weekend past 7am. On Saturdays we rise early, get the coffee brewing, and cook up a hearty breakfast. I treasure our mornings together on the weekend. There is just something very special about being able to slow down, share breakfast, catch up, reconnect, and start our day together without needing to rush out the door.
One of my favorite parts of our little Saturday tradition is the coffee. I love concocting different flavors and trying new things, and Justin doesn’t mind being my taste tester. This Mexican Mocha is the perfect way to enjoy a cozy weekend morning like ours.
The cacao, cinnamon and honey give this cup a slightly sweet flavor, while the cayenne gives it the tiniest kick. Our Mexican Mocha will warm you up from the inside out.
Also, check out Justin taking the camera for a spin below! You’ll have to excuse my chipped nail polish. I just loved Justin’s idea for the shot so we went with it, and it makes me feel cozy all over again just looking at the photo as I write about it.
Let us know how you like our Mexican Mocha by leaving a comment below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
- 2 cups fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup nut milk (we like to use cashew milk because we usually have some freshly made in the fridge)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey (sweeten to your own taste - sometimes I love a little less honey for a richer cup)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend on high for about a minute until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Hurry...pour this into your favorite mug and get a little cozy.