Do you ever just want a simple, yet satisfying dinner on busy weeknights? I remember when Justin and I would get home from work after a long day and just want something delicious, nutritious and easy to make. These mini burger bowls are exactly that! Simple, easy to throw together and full of all the goodness you need and want!
Mini Is Just Better
We love regular sized burgers, but for whatever reason, mini-sized is just better! We love to eat out of a bowl, and it is much easier to pile in a couple of mini burgers into a bowl, which makes it more fun, too. Mini-sized is also fun for families, and creates less waste when kiddos are involved. It’s a win-win!
Pan Fried Plantains
The pan fried plantains in these mini burger bowls basically make it feel like you are having burgers and fries all in one bite! It is my favorite, and it’s such a yummy combo. Plantains are also a resistant starch, which can be good for gut health. Read more about the potential benefits of resistant starch here. You can read more about plantains in this post, too.
Paleo Meal Plans
Love this recipe, and want more simple and quick recipes delivered to your inbox every week? Check out our meal plan subscription! We’ll deliver carefully planned meal plans each week to help you regain time and energy when you need it during the busy week. You’ll feel super organized and spend minimal time and effort making dinner during the work week. We offer monthly and annual options, and you can cancel anytime.
Your Turn To Make Our Mini Burger Bowls
Go ahead an make these mini burger bowls! They are sure to be a family favorite. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Mini Burger Bowls (Paleo, Whole30, GF + Dairy-Free)
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pickles, sliced lengthwise into thin pieces
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce, chopped (or one large head)
- 4 pieces bacon
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 green plantains, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup sauerkraut (optional)
- 1/4 cup Paleo mayo (optional)
- 1/4 cup mustard (optional)
- Start by prepping the tomato, onion, pickles and romaine lettuce as indicated above. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until crispy. While bacon cooks, score plantains with a knife and peel. Then, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Also, form ground beef into 8 mini burgers, about equal in size.
- Once bacon is crispy, remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Keep the skillet over medium heat and place mini burgers into skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip and season with more salt and pepper on the other side. Also add onions to the pan, and cook until they soften. Cook burgers for 5-6 more minutes for medium burgers.
- While the burgers finish cooking, place another medium to large skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil to pan. Once hot, place plantains in pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt. Cook for about 3 minutes and then flip the plantain pieces over once they are getting a golden brown color. Sprinkle with a little more salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and remove from the pan. Place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Create mini burger bowls - start with romaine lettuce, add burgers, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, plantains and optional sauerkraut, mayo and mustard. Enjoy!