Happy New Year!! You know what that means…Time to regroup from the holidays and refresh with a mint berry breakfast smoothie. Kickstart your day with this smoothie packed full of antioxidants and healthy fats. The mint is great for digestion and reducing inflammation, too. Win-win.
Sometimes our mornings are hectic, getting out the door before 7am and sometimes me before 6am, so I can get a barre class in before work. Bar Method is my favorite workout, and this is my local studio. It is the best!…Just in case you’re looking for a new workout with the new year. On those mornings, getting out the door around 5:30, it is rough to feel like I have my life together and have adequate fuel to be energized for the rest of my day. A smoothie packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory ingredients makes this mint berry breakfast smoothie one of my favorites.
It’s not too sweet, but has some berries for carbs after a workout. I love pairing it with our country breakfast sausage for a well-rounded post-workout meal.
Blend up one of these mint berry breakfast smoothies, and let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Mint Berry Breakfast Smoothie (Dairy-Free, Paleo)
- 1 cup nut and/or coconut milk, (I use either a creamy cashew milk or full fat coconut milk or a combo of the two)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 avocado
- 3/4 cup of frozen berries, (I used an organic antioxidant mix from Costco with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and cherries and added extra frozen blueberries)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 big handful of fresh spinach
- 15-20 leaves of fresh mint, (If you're feeling a little daring try more mint so your smoothie is mojito like)
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender in the order listed above.
- Blend on high until your smoothie is smooth and even in consistency. You may need to stop and restart to get everything moving in your blender.
- Once your smoothie is all blended up, pour into a glass or to-go container and get your day started. This will make one big smoothie or two smaller smoothies. I like to have a small smoothie with some protein.