A simple and healthy meal made with either chicken breasts or thighs, you’ll get juicy chicken, savory squash and crunchy broccoli all in one bite! This one pan baked chicken and broccoli is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal with only 10 minutes of hands on prep time.
Cooking Times for Baked Chicken With Broccoli
To avoid overcooked and mushy broccoli, we have a simple method for keeping this a one pan meal. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Get the chicken and squash going in the oven first.
- Prep the broccoli and toss it with some simple seasonings.
- With 10-20 minutes of cook time left (see recipe notes), add the broccoli to the sheet pan and place it back in the oven.
Looking for more easy and healthy meals? Check out all of our healthy one pan recipes!
An Easy Sauce for Juicy Baked Chicken
We always try to keep it simple, so for this one pan chicken dinner we opted for a 4-ingredient sauce that’s easy to make and adds loads of flavor. Just mix up:
- Melted ghee – For some rich, buttery flavor (you can sub regular butter or another cooking oil if desired).
- Coconut aminos – This salty-sweet type syrup will coat the chicken and keep it extra juicy.
- Chili powder – It’s not just for chili!
- Smoked paprika – Adds a little layer of smoky flavor to the chicken.
Simply mix the ingredients together and brush the sauce on both sides of the chicken before baking. You’ll be amazed by the flavor this simple sauce adds.
A Few More Chicken and Broccoli Recipes
If you love this combination of ingredients, check out these other recipes!
- Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
- One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
- Healthy Cashew Chicken
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole
Your Turn to Make This Easy and Healthy Sheet Pan Dinner
Plan to make this quick and easy weeknight dinner soon, it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family! Leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes.
And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re cooking up!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
One Pan Baked Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee, melted, (or sub avocado or olive oil for dairy-free)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 medium butternut squash, seeds removed and cut into small cubes, (about 6 cups of cubed squash)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, (or breasts, see recipe notes)
- 4 cups broccoli, ends removed and cut into florets
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Chop up butternut squash into small cubes and spread out on baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ghee, coconut aminos, chili powder and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Move the squash cubes around on your baking pan to make room for the chicken pieces. Place chicken in a single layer on baking sheet, and brush each chicken piece with the sauce mixture. Flip chicken over and brush the other side with sauce.
- Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of chicken pieces. See recipe notes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare broccoli by cutting it into small florets and placing in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper or any other desired seasoning blend.
- When the chicken has 15 minutes left to go (see recipe notes), take the pan out of the oven and add in the broccoli directly on top of the chicken and squash. Return to oven to cook for the final 15 minutes. See recipe notes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- If you substitute chicken breasts in this recipe, you will need to increase the overall cooking time by 5-15 minutes depending on the size of breasts you’re using. We recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
- Cooking the broccoli for 15 minutes at 400° will result in crisp-tender broccoli. It will be cooked but still have some crunch. If you prefer your broccoli to be cooked to a softer state, add it in with 20-25 minutes of cook time left.
Loved this recipe! Great flavor, easy & even easier cleanup! ❤️
Thanks for coming back to leave a review, happy to hear that!
I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious. It will definitely be in my rotation. Thank you!
So happy to hear this one was a hit! Thanks for trying and coming back to leave a review! 🙂
Outstanding dinner! Absolutely loved the flavor of this dish and it was so quick and easy. I will definitely keep this meal in our routine meal plan. I shared on IG and FB too!!! Yum!!!
Thanks so much for sharing! And for taking the time to come back and leave a review! We love hearing what recipes you try. 🙂
I am definitely trying this for dinner today. I’m sure it’s gonna be a delight.
Hope you enjoy it Dan 🙂