We love one pan meals not only because they have less clean up, but also because they just kind of layer flavor on top of flavor to make a really satisfying dish. This Paleo, Whole30 + Keto one pan Greek chicken dinner has some of our favorites. It’s an easy weeknight dinner, made with simple ingredients.
Simple + easy marinade
Justin and I did a little low carb/Keto reset, and as part of that we ate less onions and garlic than we typically do. In doing so, I realized when I had them again that they bother my stomach. It seems I can have a small amount occasionally, but that every day or even multiple times a day doesn’t feel great. All that said, I specifically made this Greek chicken recipe to not have either in it! The marinade only has five ingredients, and we like to use fresh oregano. If you can’t find fresh or just have dried on hand, go ahead and use dried.
Can I use bone in, skin on chicken thighs for this Greek chicken?
We used boneless, skinless thighs but you could sure use bone in and/or skin on thighs. Go with whatever your preference is. We always have boneless, skinless thighs in our freezer, so that is what we used. Just note that if you use bone in or skin on that the cooking time may vary. Make sure you cook your chicken all the way through.
What’s a good sauce to go with this Greek chicken dinner?
You can definitely enjoy this one pan Greek chicken as is, without a sauce. It’s delicious! If you want to dress it up though, the tzatziki sauce in our Greek Meatballs recipe would be a great topping! Or you could even add a simple dollop of coconut yogurt on top. You’ll have to share with us what your favorite is.
Some other one pan recipes to try
Your turn to try our one pan Greek chicken dinner
This one pan Greek chicken dinner is great for busy weeknights! It’s got simple ingredients and comes together easily. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
One Pan Greek Chicken Dinner (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the marinade/sauce:
For the rest:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups cauliflower, riced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together sauce in a small jar or bowl. Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour sauce over. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, process cauliflower in a food processor or with a hand grater if not using pre-riced cauliflower. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a little avocado oil. Once hot, add chicken to pan. Cook chicken without disturbing, for about 6-7 minutes per side, or until golden brown but not burnt. Remove and place on a plate.
- Add more avocado oil to the pan if needed and then add cauliflower rice, thyme, spinach and olives. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cauliflower starts to get tender, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Nestle chicken back in the pan, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!