We are in love with one pan dishes simply for the ease and minimal cleanup required to get a meal on the table. It is really a no-brainer, and this one pan herb roasted chicken and veggies dish is so full of flavor and textures that we had to share! Plus, we wanted to introduce you to our favorite brand when it comes to seasonings and spices, Primal Palate Spices.
One Pan Dishes
Not only is it great to find tasty one pan dishes for the ease and cleanup, but this one pan herb roasted chicken and veggies dish is even better because there are few ingredients, only four excluding the oil, salt and pepper. Also, it only takes about five minutes of active prep time to get the pan in the oven! Woop! That makes this a winner on the minimal effort, maximum flavor scale.
Primal Palate Spices
In this recipe we use Primal Palate Spices adobo seasoning, which contains pink himalayan salt, garlic, onion, black pepper, oregano, and turmeric. It is a tasty blend of spices for pretty much any protein, and we love it on chicken. We use the Primal Palate Spices often, and they are a staple in our cupboard. They have a variety of spices and blends available now, and they are all the freshest spices you will taste. In addition, they are all Whole30 approved and USDA organic, among other things. Our favorites are the adobo seasoning, breakfast blend, and meat and potatoes seasoning. They get a ton of use in our kitchen, and we love supporting a fellow Paleo couple – you have to check out Bill and Hayley if you haven’t already! They are the kindest and most down to earth people we have encountered since we started our blogging journey.
The Best Chicken For This Recipe
We love bone-in chicken with the skin on for this recipe, although you could also use thighs. We love using chicken quarters. The skin soaks up all the delicious flavors, and the chicken retains its juiciness. Do I even need to mention how the skin gets a little crispy in the oven, which is so so finger licking good?! That’s the best part!
Your Turn to Try Our One Pan Herb Roasted Chicken And Veggies
Ok, go ahead and order some adobo seasoning from Primal Palate, and make this one pan herb roasted chicken and veggies dish. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below, and take a picture to tag on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
One Pan Herb Roasted Chicken and Veggies (Paleo, GF + Whole30)
- 2 small potatoes - cut into medium cubes
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1.5 lbs bone-in chicken (drumsticks and thighs or chicken quarters)
- 2 tsp Primal Palate adobo seasoning
- 16 oz green beans - ends removed (about 4 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Chop up potatoes into medium cubes and spread out on pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, toss to coat, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Move the potato cubes around on your baking pan to make room for the chicken pieces. Place chicken in a single layer on baking sheet, and season both sides with the Primal Palate adobo seasoning blend.
- Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 45 minutes for medium sized chicken pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare green beans by removing ends and placing in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season lightly with salt and pepper or any other desired seasoning blend.
- When the chicken has 10 minutes left to go, take the pan out of the oven and add in the green beans directly on top of the chicken and potatoes. Return to oven to cook for the final 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.