This dairy free spinach artichoke chicken casserole is full of creamy goodness in addition to having plenty of veggies baked right in! We used chicken breast, cauliflower, spinach, asparagus and sundried tomatoes. It’s Paleo, Whole30 + Keto friendly, and you’re going to love this healthy comfort food recipe!
How is the sauce so creamy and dairy free?
We looovveee making dairy free sauces that feel just as indulgent and rich, but without the dairy. The creamy sauce in this spinach artichoke chicken casserole is made with mayo as the base. We used nutritional yeast to add some cheesy, umami flavor. The sauce is actually a recipe we made for a spinach artichoke dip a while back!
It’s versatile and great for entertaining or taking to get togethers. It always gets eaten up real quick, and nobody has any idea it’s dairy free and healthier. Here are our preferred mayo options.
- Make your own in 5 minutes with our homemade avocado oil mayo recipe
- Primal Kitchen
- Chosen Foods
- Thrive Market Vegan Mayo – it’s made with chickpea aquafaba rather than eggs, so it’s a great option if you can’t eat eggs.
What is nutritional yeast and is it necessary?
There’s no need to be scared of yeast in the name. Nutritional yeast is an inactive yeast, meaning that it doesn’t cause an issue for people with yeast overgrowth or candida issues. We love it because it adds a cheesy, umami flavor to whatever you’re making, which is great for dairy-free recipes like this spinach artichoke chicken casserole!
Some other low carb veggie ideas
If you’ve got picky eaters at home and want to make this but are wondering what other lower carb veggies would work in place of the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes, here are some ideas.
- Bell pepper
- Green beans
More healthy casseroles to try
We love casseroles for meal prep recipes because the leftovers are always great. We have a ton of other healthy comfort food recipes, too! Here are some of our favorite casseroles.
- EASY TACO CASSEROLE
- SPAGHETTI PIZZA CASSEROLE
- HEALTHY BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- CREAMY GARLIC SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- HEALTHY PORK CASSEROLE
- CREAMY BACON RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Your turn to try our oven baked creamy spinach artichoke chicken casserole
Whether you’re meal prepping or just want a creamy, dairy free recipe to hit the spot when you crave comfort food, make this healthy casserole! Leave a rating and review below to let us know how it goes.
And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Oven Baked Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
For the spinach artichoke sauce:
For the rest:
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, (optional, omit for Keto)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and grease a casserole dish with avocado oil spray.
- Make the spinach artichoke sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Rice cauliflower and prep asparagus as noted.
- Place everything in casserole dish, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine the sauce with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove and drain excess liquid from the casserole dish. Serve with chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!