Craving pizza, but wanting something a little healthier? Make these pizza meatballs! They’re low carb, made with only 7 ingredients including ground beef and pork and take 30 minutes or less to bake in the oven. Plus, the whole family will enjoy them!
And if you want more pizza flavors check out our spaghetti pizza casserole, pizza stuffed sweet potatoes and breakfast pizza casserole!
Easy pepperoni pizza meatball ingredients
I love that these meatballs are freaking delicious, and the fact that they are SO easy to make really makes adding them to your meal prep a no-brainer. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Ground beef
- Ground pork (or Italian sausage or just more ground beef if you don’t do pork)
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Olives – save time by getting already sliced olives
- Pepperoni – omit for Whole30 or use something like a compliant kielbasa sausage chopped up
- Sugar free marinara sauce
How to make pizza meatballs in the oven
Oven baked meatballs are a breeze! Here’s what you’ll do to make them come out great every time.
- Slice olives if you didn’t buy pre-sliced.
- Chop pepperoni.
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl and combine the ingredients with your hands.
- Roll into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Depending on the size you go with, you should get 16-20 meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove once done and enjoy!
How to serve pizza meatballs
Here are some ideas for what to pair these pizza meatballs with.
- A simple salad with the meatballs on top
- Spaghetti squash noodles, wilted greens and meatballs
- Zucchini noodles and meatballs
- In bone broth to make a cozy soup
- As an appetizer dipped in marinara sauce
- In a bowl meal with cauliflower rice, greens, meatballs and sauce
More meatball recipes to try
- ASIAN PORK MEATBALLS
- HEALTHY, OVEN-BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS
- GREEK MEATBALLS
- BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- BUTTERNUT BREAKFAST MEATBALLS
Want more?! Check out all of our healthy comfort food recipes!
Your turn to try our pizza meatballs
Serve up these pizza meatballs for a healthier way to do pizza night with your family! Leave a star rating and review below to let us know how it goes. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Oven Baked Pizza Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 can olives, sliced or diced
- 5 oz pepperoni, chopped, (omit for Whole30)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, (plus more for dipping if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prep olives if not pre-sliced and pepperoni as noted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and use your hands to combine everything.
- Form mixture into oversized golf balls and place on lined baking sheets.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- Remove and serve as desired.