Craving pizza, but wanting something a little healthier? Make these pizza meatballs! They’re low carb, made with only 7 ingredients including ground beef and pork and take 30 minutes or less to bake in the oven. Plus, the whole family will enjoy them!
Easy pepperoni pizza meatball ingredients
I love that these meatballs are freaking delicious, and the fact that they are SO easy to make really makes adding them to your meal prep a no-brainer. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Ground beef
- Ground pork (or Italian sausage or just more ground beef if you don’t do pork)
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Olives – save time by getting already sliced olives
- Pepperoni – omit for Whole30 or use something like a compliant kielbasa sausage chopped up
- Sugar free marinara sauce
How to make pizza meatballs in the oven
Oven baked meatballs are a breeze! Here’s what you’ll do to make them come out great every time.
- Slice olives if you didn’t buy pre-sliced.
- Chop pepperoni.
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl and combine the ingredients with your hands.
- Roll into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Depending on the size you go with, you should get 16-20 meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove once done and enjoy!
How to serve pizza meatballs
Here are some ideas for what to pair these pizza meatballs with.
- A simple salad with the meatballs on top
- Spaghetti squash noodles, wilted greens and meatballs
- Zucchini noodles and meatballs
- In bone broth to make a cozy soup
- As an appetizer dipped in marinara sauce
- In a bowl meal with cauliflower rice, greens, meatballs and sauce
More meatball recipes to try
- ASIAN PORK MEATBALLS
- HEALTHY, OVEN-BAKED TURKEY MEATBALLS
- GREEK MEATBALLS
- BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- BUTTERNUT BREAKFAST MEATBALLS
Want more?! Check out all of our healthy comfort food recipes!
Your turn to try our pizza meatballs
Serve up these pizza meatballs for a healthier way to do pizza night with your family! Leave a star rating and review below to let us know how it goes. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Oven Baked Pizza Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 can olives, sliced or diced
- 5 oz pepperoni, chopped, (omit for Whole30)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, (plus more for dipping if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prep olives if not pre-sliced and pepperoni as noted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and use your hands to combine everything.
- Form mixture into oversized golf balls and place on lined baking sheets.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- Remove and serve as desired.