This is a delicious paleo chicken curry & “rice” recipe that will have you going back to the stove to fill your bowl with a second helping (or at least we always do).
Prep note: The rice and the chicken take about the same amount of time to cook, so this is an ideal dish to prepare as a couple with each person preparing one piece of the dish.
SOURCE – Paleo Magazine.
EASY PALEO CHICKEN CURRY
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the curry powder, ginger, garlic powder and salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallot. Cook, stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a rapid simmer, then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over cauliflower and broccoli "rice" (directions below)
CAULIFLOWER BROCCOLI RICE
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add Cauliflower and broccoli and cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin and onion powder. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the water and cover the pan and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.