We love burgers, and I could pretty much eat them every day. Sometimes as a burger with lettuce, sometimes in a bowl with other veggies, and other times with rice and eggs. Seriously, burgers are so versatile and easy to make! These chipotle turkey burgers are another great way to enjoy burgers!
We love that these chipotle turkey burgers are a little different than your usual burger. Not only are they turkey instead of beef, but the chipotle seasoning adds a smokiness to the turkey, and combined with the garlic, it is quite delicious! We made a super easy guacamole to go on these burgers, and it is the perfect creamy topping to go with the smoky and slightly spicy burger. Plus, there’s bacon!
Quick + Easy
There is no prep work to do for these chipotle turkey burgers, just get started by cooking your bacon. While the bacon cooks you can get going on the rest of the ingredients, and this tasty dish will be on the table in just about 30 minutes!
Your Turn To Make Our Chipotle Turkey Burgers
It won’t take long, so get in the kitchen and make a batch of these tasty chipotle turkey burgers! You can eat them all up or use the leftovers to make some other yummy burger bowls! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Chipotle Turkey Burgers w/ Guacamole (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the toppings:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 head bibb or romaine lettuce, (or other broad leaf green)
For the burgers:
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tsp chipotle powder, (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the guacamole:
- 2 avocados, diced into chunks
- 1/8 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large cast iron pan or skillet over medium heat and cook bacon. Cook until it reaches your desired level of crispiness. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- While the bacon is cooking, prep the rest of the toppings as noted, and set aside.
- Place burger ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use your hands to combine all the ingredients. Form into evenly sized patties and place on a plate. It should make ~6 patties.
- Cook patties in same pan as bacon over medium heat for about 6-7 minutes each side, or until turkey is cooked all the way through.
- While the burgers are cooking, make guacamole. Place avocado chunks in a bowl and add onion, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well, slightly smashing the avocado. Set aside.
- Once burgers are done. Remove from heat and serve. Use lettuce for buns and top burger with guacamole, then bacon, tomato and use the lettuce as buns. Enjoy!
so SIMPLE yet so GOOD!
Agreed, glad you like these Hannah :).
We have this recipe in our regular rotation. Made them tonight and I knew I had to post again about how delicious this simple recipe is. My family loves them!!! Thank you for sharing!
Love this!! Repeat love for this recipe! We appreciate it and are so so happy you and your family enjoy these burgers so much! Thanks for taking the time to return for more praise! Happy Tuesday! 🙂
Made these tonight with a little onion powder and cumin along with the chipotle and garlic. We grilled them and they were SO delicious!
Thanks so much for taking the time to come leave a comment! So so happy you and your family loved them!! 😀
I would love to taste this! It looks so delicious, Justin and Erica!
Thanks Agness! If you give it a try you’ll have to let us know what you think! Thanks so much for visiting again! 🙂
Now that you said you can only have your mom-inlaw’s pickles, I’d love to know her technique! Just sayin’….
Ha! Me too! I have yet to learn her secret pickle recipe. It’s on my list of things to learn from her though (it’s a pretty long list!) and hopefully it will be soon so we can make some this coming summer! 🙂
These sound delicious! Love the idea of bacon and chipotle together in a burger, especially with some guac on top!
Right!? A little bit of spicy with bacon and creamy guac! You really can’t go wrong with that combo! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂