These Paleo coconut butter cups are my latest salty-sweet creation that I’ve made into the perfect two-bite sized treat! I used a mini muffin tin for these little cups because bite-sized and two-bite sized treats are just my favorite! Usually just a bite or two will do, and I think you’ll enjoy these just as much as me! Plus, there’s no baking required, which pretty much makes them the ideal treat! Am I right?! Check out the video below to see just how easy these are to make.
It All Starts With The Coconut Butter
Here’s the deal. Coconut butter is freaking delicious! If you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out! I especially love it for treats like these coconut butter cups. Butttttt…The problem with coconut butter is that it’s kind of spendy. So, if you’re like me you’d just have to abstain entirely because you wouldn’t be able to make it last long enough to make the cost feel worth it. The good news though…you can make coconut butter!
It’s SOOOOO easy and way more affordable! Like once I made it on my own, all I could think was why the heck hadn’t I tried it before. And then, I was like oh shoot…now I will have an endless supply of coconut butter and that could be dangerous!
Tips For Making Coconut Butter
Start to finish, making the coconut butter will take about 5-10 minutes. You’ll notice while you are letting the processor run that a few minutes in, the sound the blade makes as it spins will change. You’ll need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides. Then, restart again, letting it run until you hear the audible change again. Stop the food processor and scrape down the sides. Rinse and repeat until the coconut turns into a velvety texture. It will be real creamy and smooth just like in the video above. If your coconut is too dry (has been sitting in the pantry for a while), and it won’t seem to turn into coconut butter, just add about a tablespoon of coconut oil and continue processing until smooth and creamy.
Easy + Clean
Having a bit of a sweet tooth from time to time has kind of always been my thing. Before going Paleo, I would indulge in sweets like ice cream and other packaged candies that were filled with all kinds of not-so-great for you ingredients. Now, while I still consider myself to have a sweet tooth, I enjoy treats that are far less sweet, and I favor the salty-sweet combo most of all. The best part about these coconut butter cups is that they have clean ingredients in them and they are super easy to make. Just rewatch the video above if you’re unsure! 😉
Your Turn To Make Our Paleo Coconut Butter Cups
If you haven’t tried coconut butter, or if you haven’t tried making it yourself yet, this is the perfect opportunity to seize! Make these delicious salty-sweet Paleo coconut butter cups already! They’re super easy and so so delectable! Let us know how it goes by leaving comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Paleo Coconut Butter Cups (GF + Dairy-Free)
- Food Processor
- Place shredded coconut in food processor and process continuously until you hear an audible change in the food processor. Stop and scrape the sides down. Cover and continue to process, stopping and restarting to scrape the sides down until it turns into a smooth coconut butter.
- Once coconut butter has formed, add almond butter, honey, collagen and a pinch of sea salt to the food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Line a mini muffin tin with parchment liners, and add a small spoonful of mixture into each liner to make 12 cups.
- Melt chocolate chips over stove in a double boiler or in the microwave in a microwave safe dish. If you use the microwave, heat in 30 second increments and stir between each one to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut butter mixture. Place in the freezer to set, about 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove cups from muffin tin and store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.