From dinner recipes with ground beef, chicken and pork, to soups and side dishes, we’ve rounded up 25 of the best Paleo Instant Pot recipes for you to try and enjoy. Eating well has never been easier!
Which Pressure Cooker is best?
There are different version of pressure cookers, and we use this version of the Instant Pot.
Other popular brands are:
CHECK THIS OUT: You can read our detailed and honest review of the Instant Pot here.
Any of these pressure cookers should work for these Instant Pot recipes. Although the recipes are written for an Instant Pot, simply utilize whatever pressure cooker you have to make them.
Paleo Chicken Recipes for the Instant Pot
Insanely Easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken from The Real Simple Good Life
Honey Mustard Chicken from Paleo Running Momma
Teriyaki Chicken Bowls from The Wooden Skillet
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Meatballs from Eat the Gains
Healthy Instant Pot Orange Chicken from The Real Simple Good Life
Paleo Dinner Recipes for the Instant Pot
Instant Pot BBQ Beef Brisket from The Real Simple Good Life
Chili Lime Instant Pot Short Ribs from What Great Grandma Ate
Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin from Physical Kitchness
Turkey Bacon Ranch Meatloaf from Physical Kitchness
Instant Pot Pot Roast from The Real Simple Good Life
Paleo Soup Recipes for the Instant Pot
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili from The Real Simple Good Life
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup from The Movement Menu
Stuffed Pepper Soup from Real Food with Jessica
Paleo Lasagna Soup from Unbound Wellness
Bacon and Sweet Potato Chili from A Calculated Whisk
Paleo Ground Beef Recipes for the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes from The Real Simple Good Life
Instant Pot Meatballs from Real Food with Jessica
Instant Pot Ground Beef Bulgogi from My Heart Beets
Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl from Wholesomelicious
Korean Sloppy Joes from What Great Grandma Ate
Paleo Side Dish Recipes for the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes from A Calculated Whisk
Creamy Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts from The Bettered Blondie
Perfect Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes from Kristine’s Kitchen
Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Mash from Physical Kitchness
Maple Instant Pot Carrots from Food With Feeling
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Paleo Instant Pot Recipes: Carnitas
- 3 lbs pork shoulder or butt, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano (fresh or dried)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp ghee (or other cooking oil)
- romaine lettuce (or sub Siete Tortillas or other sturdy lettuce)
- jalapenos, sliced
- lime wedges
- Cut pork into cubes and set aside. Prep onion and garlic as noted.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and chipotle powder in a bowl or jar and mix well.
For the Instant Pot
- Press the sauté button on the instant pot and add ghee. Once hot, add in the pork and brown it on all sides. Press cancel on the instant pot once the pork is browned.
- Pour the juice/seasoning mixture all over the pork cubes and add in the diced onion and garlic.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Press the “manual” button (or “pressure cook” button) and set the time to cook for 30 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, let the pressure naturally release on its own for 20 minutes.
- Manually release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Shred the pork with two forks.
- Serve carnitas in lettuce wedges or tortillas with your favorite toppings.
For the Slow Cooker
- Follow the first 2 steps in the recipe above. Then, heat a pan on the stove over medium heat and add ghee. Once hot, add in the pork and brown it on all sides.
- Once the pork is browned, add it to the slow cooker. Pour the juice/seasoning mixture all over the pork cubes and add in the diced onion and garlic.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the pork with two forks. Serve carnitas in lettuce wedges or tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Optional step (for crispy carnitas):
- Set your oven to broil.
- After shredding the pork, use a slotted spoon to remove the pork and onions from the instant pot and place on a large sheet pan. Spoon some of the juices from the instant pot over the top of the pork in the sheet pan.
- Place in the oven to broil for 6-8 minutes, until the pork begins to develop some brown and crispy edges. Watch carefully and cook to your preference.
- Alternatively, you can simply transfer some of the pork to a skillet over medium heat and cook it until it’s crispy, stirring occasionally. This method is easiest if you are re-heating the pork leftovers from the fridge.