If you are thinking about grilling or cooking a steak and want to add some extra to it, this Whole30 and Paleo steak marinade is for you! I hope seeing this easy marinade recipe will get you motivated to grab a good cut of meat from the store (or your local butcher), throw it in this marinade for a while, and sear it over a hot grill or cast iron pan.
Use this marinade for tougher cuts of steak
This is a go-to steak marinade for us. We use a version of this marinade to flavor a lot of our tougher cuts of steak like flank, skirt, hanger and flat iron. These are perfect cuts for a marinade because they are a little tougher and need some extra flavor. They also happen to absorb the marinade really well because they are a thinly cut steak – not to mention they are cheaper! If you are interested in learning a little more about these cuts of steak, head on over to this page for a nice little summary.
The essential Paleo steak marinade
Now, onto this easy Whole30 and Paleo steak marinade. It takes only about 5 minutes to put together and is a basic, flavorful marinade that you can use over and over. It uses only eight ingredients that most everyone has on hand in their pantry and spice cabinet. If you don’t have any of the ingredients (like coconut aminos or apple cider vinegar) you can substitute another type of vinegar or salty sauce or just add water in place of the missing ingredient to get the right consistency of the marinade. This marinade will work for a cut of meat up to two pounds and can also be used on chicken, pork, bison or fish.
An easy steak marinade that’s also Paleo + Whole30
Since this marinde is made with clean and simple ingredients and doesn’t have any added sugar, it’s the perfect Whole30 compliant steak marinade. Just mix up the ingredients in a zip top bag or shallow dish, add in your desired cut of meat and let it marinate for at least an hour. Then, your meat will be ready for tossing on hot grill or searing in a cast iron pan.
Some other grilling recipes
- KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN (PALEO + WHOLE30)
- 35 HEALTHY GRILLING RECIPES – PALEO + WHOLE30 OPTIONS FOR A HEALTHY BBQ
- EASY CHIMICHURRI STEAK RECIPE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- BUNLESS BURGER RECIPE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- GRILLED PINEAPPLE CHICKEN (PALEO + WHOLE30)
Your turn to try this recipe for your next steak
I hope that you give this easy steak marinade a try! It’s perfect for many cuts of steak and I have no doubt you will enjoy the flavor it imparts. If you do try it, let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below. Also, take a picture and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Paleo Steak Marinade (Gluten Free + Whole30)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a zip top bag or shallow dish and mix well.
- Add in your steak (or other meat) and mix everything to get the meat coated well with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Remove from the container and get to grilling!
- This recipe is made to marinate about 2 lbs of meat. It can easily be halved or doubled if needed.
- If you don’t have any coconut aminos on hand, you can make your own using our DIY coconut aminos substitute recipe.