Man…I tell you. The spring starts to turn into summer, and the fresh produce at the market really gets me excited! Summer produce is my favorite. I especially loved getting some peaches the other day and making peach salsa. We have some go-to’s for paleo friendly salsa, but it doesn’t get better or any fresher than making it yourself. Plus, it’s so easy. Why not?!
Our peach salsa is not really a sweet salsa like you might imagine. I think of store bought peach or mango salsa, and it is packed with sugar, amongst other ingredients. While a sweet salsa can be a good thing sometimes, we really wanted a hearty, chunky salsa with just a touch of sweet from the peaches themselves. This peach salsa has tomatoes in it and also garlic, red pepper, and jalapeño.
This peach salsa is great for dipping…think plantain chips and veggies. It is also great for topping your favorites, like eggs, tacos, and other bowl type dishes. I think we put it on almost everything we ate for a few days after I made this batch. It makes a decent amount too, about a full quart which is a large sized mason jar’s worth. Initially, we were worried we might not be able to eat it up within a week or so before it would go bad. Uh yeah. It was no bid deal. Not even close.
Head on over to your local market and pick up some fresh peaches to make this peach salsa. Then get to putting it on everything! Let us know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Peach Salsa (Paleo, Whole30, GF + Refined Sugar-Free)
- 3 peaches - pits removed (two are going into your blender and one you will dice to add in at the end)
- 2 tomatoes - quartered
- 1 red bell pepper - top and seeds removed (half in your blender and the rest diced to add in at the end)
- 1 jalapeno - top and seeds removed
- 1/4 onion - about half in your blender and the rest diced to add in at the end
- 4-6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Start by prepping your peaches and veggies for the blender.
- Once you have sliced and diced as noted above, place all of the ingredients in your blender or food processor, except for the diced peaches, bell pepper, and onion which you will add in at the end as noted above.
- Pulse your ingredients in your blender or food processor starting and stopping a few times to get the ingredients broken up. Be careful not to over-process the ingredients as you will end up with more of a smoothie than salsa. You should stop when the ingredients are still a little clumpy and the salsa is chunky for the most part. It will get a little watery. That is ok.
- Stop your blender or food processor and add in the diced ingredients. Stir them into the salsa mixture and pour into a mason jar or other glass container to store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Find all kinds of things to pour and and garnish with your peach salsa. It's a fun and easy way to use fresh and local ingredients this time of year!