Pumpkin is a staple for fall and winter, and I especially love sitting at my computer or at the table in the morning with a hot cup of coffee. Rather than being loaded with sugar, this pumpkin spice latte is filled with the flavors of fall to warm you up from the inside out. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the pumpkin pie spice combined with the pureed pumpkin create the most delicious cup of joe you’re going to have this fall. Not to mention that it smells so wonderful, too! Give it a try, and don’t be scared of the ghee…it adds a buttery yumminess to this tasty pumpkin spice latte.
If you’ve never added grassfed butter or ghee to your coffee…you are missing out! Give it a try…be warned though…you must add the butter or ghee and blend it all up in a blender or else you’ll get a slathery texture rather than a milky, creamy, frothy texture. Trust me. Seriously though, that’s another tip. If you want frothy coffee…just toss it in the blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds and frothy your coffee will be (see…you can see the frothy layer in the cup below)! Yum!
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups brewed coffee, (hot and right out of the coffee maker)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree, or canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp ghee or grassfed butter, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- honey to taste, (I use about a 1/4-1/2 tsp)
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender in the order listed above.
- Blend, starting on low until things start to combine and then on high for about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour into your mug, take a big whiff, and enjoy the scents and flavors of fall!
- This will fill one large mug or two smaller mugs.