This is such a good, basic, everyday breakfast. I have some version of this quick breakfast scramble almost every week day because it is filling and easy to throw together in just a few minutes. The combination of protein, greens and good fats make this a great meal to start the day with.
QUICK BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE
- 1 cup of leftover cooked meat (I used turkey taco meat but any cooked meat such as chicken, ham, sausage, etc. will do)
- 2 handfuls of kale or spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- salt & pepper to taste
- hot sauce - optional
- Place a small skillet over medium heat. Add in your cooked meat and greens to warm, stirring occasionally for a few minutes.
- Mix up your eggs in a separate bowl and dump in the pan to scramble. Or, just crack them in the pan and scramble them all together with the meat & greens using a spatula. Scramble to your desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with avocado slices. Add some hot sauce if you are in the mood to spice it up.