An easy low-carb pork fried rice recipe, you’ll love this keto-friendly fried rice made with cauliflower. Ready in about 25 minutes, this is the perfect take out remake and easy weeknight dinner for the keto diet.
Ingredients for this Keto fried rice
Only 8 ingredients to make this delicious recipe!
- Cauliflower rice – We use the pre-riced cauliflower in a bag to make this super easy. If you’re making your own, here are some tips for how to make cauliflower rice.
- Green onions – For a little onion flavor and color.
- Fresh ginger – A must for this dish, but just 1 tsp so it doesn’t overpower the other flavors.
- Ground pork – Our favorite for fried rice, the cauliflower soaks up the flavor so well!
- Sesame oil – The perfect oil for this takeout remake.
- Fish sauce – Watch out for added sugar in most brands, we use Red Boat fish sauce.
- Cayenne pepper – To add a little spice, you can omit this if desired.
- Eggs – What is pork fried rice without the eggs?
- Peas – A traditional ingredient in most fried rice. It adds nice color, flavor and texture.
Making cauliflower fried rice with chicken instead of pork
I love fried rice with ground pork, but understand if you want to make it with chicken. Here are some options if you want to go that route:
- You can easily replace the ground pork in this recipe with ground chicken and follow the recipe as written. You may want to add a little additional sesame oil or cooking fat of choice, as chicken is much leaner than pork.
- I recommend using chicken thighs instead of ground chicken. Just cut them up into small, bite-sized pieces for cooking.
- You could also use pre-cooked shredded chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken pieces for this recipe. This would be an even faster way to make it!
Some other low carb cauliflower recipes
- LOADED MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- EASY CHICKEN AND CHORIZO BAKE
- QUICK + EASY AIR FRYER CAULIFLOWER
- EASY KETO STUFFED PEPPERS
- SPINACH ARTICHOKE CHICKEN SKILLET
Your turn to try this easy keto recipe
If eating low-carb and missing that classic takeout fried rice, you have to give this recipe a try! You’ll love the classic flavors and the cauliflower rice is a great option to keep thinks keto-friendly.
If you try it, be sure to leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Quick, Easy Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 4 green onions, diced
- 6 cups cauliflower, riced, (about one medium head of cauliflower, riced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated on a microplane, (or sub 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional, omit if sensitive to hot spices)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh peas
- sesame seeds
- spicy mayo, (1/4 cup mayo mixed with 2 tbsp hot sauce)
- sliced avocado
- Cut up green onions and grate ginger. Rice cauliflower in a food processor with a grating attachment or with a hand grater.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add in the sesame oil. Once hot, add in the pork to cook. Break it up into small bits with a spoon or spatula and season pork with 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it has developed some slightly brown bits around the edges, about 8 minutes. Drain fat if desired, reserving at least 1 tbsp in the pan.
- Add green onions, ginger, fish sauce and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix.
- Add cauliflower rice and peas to the pan. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice just begins to soften.
- Clear a small spot in the pan with your spoon/spatula. Crack the eggs into the pan in the open spot and stir them around to scramble. Continue to stir until the eggs are fully cooked, 2-3 minutes. Mix the scrambled eggs in with the rice.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat and serve.